Chapter Nine (A)

The beer was going down fast and Grayson was on his fourth bottle as the music started and guests began to arrive. Everyone the Jenson family knew had been Invited to Raven's birthday celebration Including Raven's best friend Zac. He promised Raven he would be there even after she had called him and screamed at him for over an hour for not telling her the truth about her being a werewolf. He tried to explain that it was an Alpha's order and it was law but she simply was too angry to listen to a word he had to say. She ignored him for weeks until one day he just turned up at her house in Adela out of the blue and made her forgive him and Zac will be attending with his annoying younger brothers Caleb and Alfie. In fact nearly all the guests will be of wolf decent and this is something Raven will just have to get used too. Zachery Green was already eighteen years old and he has known Raven since she around eight years old. Everyone at the Lake Creek cabin avoided her due to her sour attitude and scary Alpha father but Zac decided he was going to make Raven his best friend and basically stalked her until she let him befriend her. Zac was fascinated by this angry girl with long jet black hair and pale complexion.

Once he got to know her he actually thought she was very cool and quite sweet. Raven loves the way Zac takes care of his little pain in the arse brothers but hates how none of them ever wear a shirt, they know they all look good with defined chests and abs but they don't have to show it off all the time. She also hates that the brothers challenge her and that she can't boss them around and control them like she does with everyone else but they are the closest thing she has to brothers and she would protect them with her own life. The guests continued to arrive with arms full of beautifully wrapped gifts and all were greeted by a waiter serving them a glass of chilled Champagne and a mouth watering chocolate covered strawberry. The guests admired the beautifully decorated room as another waiter relieved them of their presents for the birthday girl and placed them on a table that also displayed her three tiered birthday cake with a large eighteen made entirely out of crystals that popped out the top tier of the cake.

Maxwell Jenson welcomed the men with a strong handshake and greeted the woman with a kiss to their hand and a tip of his head, a great show of respect from their Alpha. Max lingered a little longer with a woman called Juliette and held her hand longer than most. He also kissed Juliette on both her cheeks and she reciprocated the gesture and added a long embrace. Her cheeks were flushed and her dress was beautiful. It was a burgundy floor length gown that covered her entire slim frame. The only skin exposed where her hands, neck and face and she looked absolutely stunning with her blond hair styled in a bun with small white and lavender flowers encasing it. Max liked what he saw and his eyes sparkled as he watched her walk away from him and out onto the deck. There were over a hundred guests at the party and when the clock struck eight o'clock it was time to welcome Raven to her special night. Max headed up the staircase and waited at the top for his daughter to meet him. All eyes where on Max as Raven joined her father and linked her arm through his. She turned to face the room with her proud father escorting her down the stairs. Raven looked absolutely stunning with her baby blue dress perfectly fitted to her body, she wore her shiny black hair lose and slightly curled at the bottom and she must have removed all the makeup that the artist had put on her as she looked naturally beautiful with a little pink lip gloss and minimal eye makeup. Her long slender legs went on for miles until the high heeled diamante shoes finished off her look. She took each step carefully while gripping hold of Max's arm so not to fall and embarrass herself. As they stepped off the last stair the whole room cheered and applauded the birthday girl and she was blushed red with all the attention.

The music was turned up and the party was officially started as Max kissed her on the cheek and left her to mingle. Raven was really surprised to see that the brothers had actually made an effort and all wore a smart white button up shirt and loosely fitting various shades of blue ties with black skinny jeans. The brothers stood close together over by the doors leading onto the deck and Raven noticed that Zac looked quite uncomfortable as they have attracted most of the attention of all the girls in the room who were blatantly flirting with them all. The two younger brothers were flexing their muscles making the girls giggle uncontrollably but Zac who had always been really awkward around girls backed away slightly and concentrated on drinking his bottled beer and gazed around the room. Most of the Lake Creek pack were seated out on the deck and the overflow were drinking and dancing in the marquee. The bonfire was on full burn and the barbeque on the beach was a huge success which pleased Raven greatly. She saw her father leaning against the bar on the deck with a drink in his hand chatting away with Lucas, Juliette and the new boy Grayson Shaw who looked absolutely gorgeous drinking his bottle of beer and raking his fingers through his hair with his free hand. Raven felt the flutter of a thousand winged butterflies deep down inside of her, from just a quick glance in his direction. This was such an unfamiliar feeling for Raven but she knew that she definitely wanted to explore it.

Lucas's wife Abbey sent her apologies as she was unwell so couldn't make the trip but sent her best wishes and a beautiful hand made card with Lucas for the birthday girl. Raven head over to Zac and gave him a big hug and waved to his brothers but as Raven took a sip of Zac's beer right from his bottle, she saw that Grayson was staring at her and as their eyes met so she held up her wrist showing him that she was still wearing his gift and he shot her a sexy wink and turned his attention back to the conversation. This boy was unbelievably hot and she had to get out of his line of sight before her father caught her blush. Raven saw Grayson smirk as she walked away from Zac and couldn't believe the audacity of this boy standing only a few feet away from her father the pack Alpha and his Beta Lucas Bellows and openly flirting with her but Raven remembered that Grayson was not from their world, well she didn't know if he knew about them or not as she hasn't had a conversation with anyone about the new boy as she has been too busy organising her party. She makes a mental note to ask Mrs Cookson about him tomorrow as she always knows everything that is going on in this house. Raven continued to chat with various guests as she made her way around the room smiling and greeting her guests. Gray couldn't believe how beautiful she looked with her long hair glistening with the lights and the strapless baby blue extremely short dress she was wearing that hugged her figure perfectly made him tug his shirt down at the front again. She was getting a lot of attention from the boys at the party as everyone was mesmerised by her imposing presence and really tight dress. All eyes were on the birthday girl but no-one made a move on her and Grayson was sure about this as he hadn't taken his eyes off of her all evening. If Raven was Grayson's she would not be wearing a dress that tight or that short outside of the bedroom and it would solely be for his eyes only.

He continued to drink his beer as he watched this girl walk, talk and dance to her favourite tunes and Gray stayed by his uncles side just watching Raven spin around the dance floor with Zac and each of his brothers in turn. Zac was an incredible dancer and spun Raven around the dance floor and twirled her until she was dizzy and giggling loudly which alerted her father to check out what his daughter was up to and was happy to see she was with Zac. Breaker wasn't too far away from her at any one time hovering protectively in case she needed him and after a small breather Zac dragged Raven back onto the dance floor when a slow song began and he wrapped his arms tightly around her waist and she hooked her arms around his neck linking her fingers together and they began to sway to the music and she smiled widely at him, she looked ever so happy and Grayson noticed that it was a good job she was wearing killer heels as she may not of been able to reach Zac's neck with her small frame and as he watched them he asked Lucas if Zac and Raven were a couple.

"No they've been friends for years, like brother and sister really" Lucas replied looking at his son with a worried look appearing on his face.

Gray felt oddly protective of Raven and did not like how familiar Zac was being with her, he wanted to tell him to remove his filthy paws from off of his girl but then with a nudge from Lucas he quickly came back to his senses as Raven did not belong to him, well not yet anyways but she soon would he thought to himself as he drained his bottled beer. It was obvious that she was having an amazing time with Zac but Gray was green with jealously and he could feel his rage growing deep down inside of him. Lucas placed his arm around of his son but Gray shrugged it off just as Raven stopped dancing and looked across to a tall muscular boy who had just arrived.

Zac whispered something to Raven and she replied with a swift nod of her head and strode over to the boy who was very handsome with dark hair and had clearly made an effort for the occasion. He was smartly dressed in black chinos and wore a fitted navy blue short sleeve shirt with open collar. His smile grew as he clapped eyes on Raven walking towards him and Gray's eyes bulged out of his head as she flung her arms around the boys toned body and kissed him on the lips, a little too long for Gray's liking as he released a low growl with his increased breaths and Lucas saw the shift in Grayson's stance as his entire body went rigid. Lucas gripped hold of his sons arm to hold him in place but both of them where knocked to the side as Max stormed straight through them and head across the room, straight for his daughter and the newly arrived guest much to Gray's approval.

"What the fuck are you doing here boy?" Max bellowed causing everyone in the room to stop what they were doing and observe their Alpha's outburst.