Chapter Twenty Seven

Maxwell Jenson, Eric Breaker and Lucas Bellows had been holed up in Max's office discussing how best to keep their pack safe when Mrs Cookson knocked on Max's office door and announced that the Honour Guard were waiting in the family area to see their Alpha. The three men walked out of the office and were met with the entire guard all ready to fight. Manny explained that Zac had come to see them with Samuel and after he had told him and Kimmy that he had found his soulmate Samuel explained what had gone on with Max and Marcus at Lucas's cabin and also told him that his parents were on their way and that they were coming with trouble in mind and have brought their own Honour Guard fighters with them. The Honour Guard are highly trained werewolf soldiers who sole purpose in life is to protect their pack and their Alpha with their own lives if necessary. They have acute eyesight and enhanced hearing and are exceptionally strong and built for fighting.

"So what's the plan Maxwell?" Manny asked his Alpha.

Manny Green lead the Honour Guard and had brought with him Seb, Kane, Jeb ,Jacob and Marshall and they were all ready to fight and defend their Alpha and pack at a moments notice. Max told them the truth about his assault on the Seattle brothers and showed them the altercation through his Alpha mind link, he wanted his guard to know that he and he alone has brought this fight to Lake Creek and Max offered them all the option to opt out of the fight but not one of them would ever take it. They all stood with their arms folded across their chests waiting for their Alpha's Instructions.

"First priority is to get the woman and children to safety. Take them all to the pack hospital and get Dr Hemlock and his team to seal the building with them all inside, I don't know how far Jefferson Beaumont is going to go with his attack and I need to know they are out of harms way" Max Instructed.

Seb and Jacob took this order and left their Alpha's cabin. Sebastian Hembrow was in his mid thirties and was a bachelor by choice. He is very similar to Marcus where the woman are concerned and likes to play the field and not be tied down. He has blonde hair with light brown eyes and your typical werewolf build but he was a player and refused any advances from woman to be in a relationship with him. Jacob was his complete opposite and has been with his wife since high school. Jacob Kilo married his Lily straight out of high school and they now have three boys who keep them both very busy. Even though Jacob is in his late thirties he has already started to go grey so his dark brown hair now has silver highlights and his features look older than they should.

"Second we need spotters to be positioned on the boundary of the reservation and the entrance to the Lake Creek road. This will give us enough time to gather and await their arrival" Max Instructed.

Kane accepted this order and left the cabin to round up the younger wolf fighters and position them to inform the guard through their mind link when the Seattle pack arrive.

"Next we need to set up the Rez defence and for that we need our strongest fighters. They need to be positioned around the cabin and be ready to fight if the negotiations fail" Max told them.

Breaker and Marshall accepted this order and rushed from the cabin to gather up some troops. Both Breaker and Marshall were two of the strongest fighters within the Honour Guard and they both knew who to get for this task.

"Finally we need to position werewolves in the forest to stay out of sight unless called upon to attack, they are a silent defense and our secret weapon" Max told them.

Jeb Dwyer took this order and head out of the cabin to organise the secret defence.

Lucas told Max he needed to pick up Abbey and get her to safety and Max said to take Mrs Cookson and Juliette with him and drop them off at the hospital. Lucas nodded and left to go collect the women. This left Manny Green and Maxwell Jenson alone.