Chapter Eleven

The sound of Max Jenson's Ford Ranger tyres screeching out of their driveway woke Raven from her slumber and her head was throbbing. The pain got worse when she tried to open to her eyes and she squinted at the bright morning light beaming in through the large windows of her bedroom. She grabbed hold of her pillow and placed it over her face and welcomed the darkness as she fell straight back to sleep. A few hours later Raven was awoken by a shooting pain behind her eyes and wanting nothing more than to bury her head underneath the duvet  and sleep off her horrendous hangover she pulled at the duvet but it didn't budge. It was stuck on something so she tugged more forcefully this time but a hand grabbed hold of hers and Raven's eyes shot fully open causing an horrendous stabbing pain behind her eyes that shot into the back of her skull. Her head felt like it was going to split in two but she shot up off off the bed like a rocket and felt like she was going to fall over with her jelly legs and aching body. 

She looked around the room but couldn't get her eyes to focus. She knew she was definitely in her bedroom and looked down to realise that she was completely naked. With every movement she made, another part of her body started to hurt and her thighs were no acceptance to the rule. They felt like she had run a marathon up a mountain and her thighs were throbbing. She watched as the cover on her enormous bed moved and her recollection of the previous nights events flooded her thoughts. She could feel the heat rising all over her body and her pounding heart was at risk of bursting straight out of her chest. Her face was as red as a beetroot and she danced around the room trying to find anything to cover herself up with and rudely cursed Mrs Cookson under her breath for being such a neat freak. 

Gray sat up in the bed pulling the duvet cover around himself and rubbed his eyes with his balled up fists. He looked amusingly over at Raven and peeked at her through his own squint with one eyebrow raised as he relished his view of Raven attempting to cover her modesty with her tiny arms. Grayson thought that Raven was even more breath-taking in a morning and he felt he could burst wide open with the love his felt for his girl.

"Hey beautiful your up early" Gray said looking at his watch showing him that he was correct as it was only quarter to nine and he chuckled at the display unfolding before him and was happy to see that Raven still wore his bracelet he had given her for her birthday.

"Hey baby after last night, I think I've seen all I can see of you. You gorgeous creature, you don't have to cover up on my account come back to bed" Gray asks her reaching across for Raven to take hold of his hand but she backed away from him and actually looked afraid.

Gray sits up and supports his weight with one arm making his bicep increase in size as it propped him up.

"Hey Ray you ok?" Gray asks her with real concern in his voice still reaching out for her.

Raven is fidgeting and bouncing from one leg to the other still trying to hide herself from his roaming eyes. Gray grabs his shirt from off the floor next to him and throws it across to her and she grabs it mid flight and hurriedly pulls it over her head covering her ample assets from Gray's view. This made Gray pout at her and Raven smelt Gray's cologne mixed with the heady scent of his sweat from their encounter engulf all her senses and Raven pulled her thighs closer together and she felt her need for Grey's touch increase. She pulls her hands through her unruly hair and wraps her arms back around herself now wearing Gray's short sleeved t-shirt and he can see the red dots appearing on her arms were her fingers are digging into her own skin. He has no idea what is happening, not a clue and wondered if Raven actually regretted last night because he surely did not and would do it all over again in a heartbeat. 

Should he just get up and leave the room he thought but not likely as he would never leave any girl in this state and definitely not one he has fallen madly and deeply in love with. He was at a loss of what to do next and he has no clue why she is reacting this way to him.