Chapter One

Two hundred years ago a war raged like no other ever seen before it. It took place between the human population and the werewolf species. The council of werewolf elders were first and foremost the eternal keepers of the secret of the moon creatures and were gifted with immortality and enhanced abilities to aid them in their quest of keeping the existence of werewolves a secret from the human world. This was vitally important for the werewolves survival but when they found out that a small town of humans had agreed an alliance to live in peace with a pack of werewolves in return for protection of their town, the council of elders made a fundamental mistake. They trusted the humans to keep their word.

The elders visited many times over the years and saw no malicious intent from the humans but that was all about to change when a young human girl fell in love with a boy werewolf and they consummated their relationship leaving her to carry an unknown abomination in the eyes of the human townsfolk. Everyone can make a mistake and the council of elders did just that, bringing about the hundred year war and thousands of humans and werewolves lost their lives in the fighting and all because a pack of werewolves made a pact with a human inhabited town that later collapsed.

The werewolves had agreed to protect the thriving town from the constant attacks from their poorer neighbours and In return the residents promised to keep the werewolves secret and allow them to live in peace alongside the humans and a pact was sealed between the town council leader Mr Mason and the werewolf pack Alpha John Stone. For over thirty years the pact stood strong with the werewolves thwarting several attacks on the town. This did bring about rumours of giant wolves roaming around the forest and the town council made sure that the word got out about large bears living in the surrounding forest. This created the werewolves with another problem as hunting parties from the neighbouring villages descended on the forest that surrounded the town in the hope of killing one of the large wolves that had maimed and killed several of its own people. The invaders never saw or caught any bears or giant wolves on their hunting trips so they eventually got bored and stopped searching for them, leaving the werewolves and the villagers alone with rumours of the wolves existence dissipating over time.

They continued to live in harmony for many more years until the leader of the town council's daughter Violet Mason and a boy werewolf called William Jesse broke the one rule the town council had insisted upon to agree to a treaty and he fell in love with a human girl from the town. They were only sixteen years old when Violent told her father she was expecting a baby with William and her father immediately revoked the pact with the werewolf Alpha John Stone and took it upon himself to make an example out of the pair. Before the werewolves knew what was happening, the mad man had decided to sacrifice his own flesh and blood along with one of their own pack in order to prove a point to both the townsfolk and the werewolves. He hung them both upside down next to one another in the middle of the town square for all to see.

Violet and William took hold of each other's hands and watched the townsfolk gather all around them. William mind linked his pack and said a quick goodbye before cutting the link to them and concentrating on his girl next to him. William had impeccable hearing and had heard the despicable Mr Mason informing the town council of what he planned to do to the traitors of the treaty.

"I love you William" Violet told her boy wolf while she placed her free hand on her stomach as the tears gushed from her eyes.

Violets heart was racing out of control and William could hear the accelerated beat and gripped her hand tighter offering her a small amount of comfort. Her entire body quivered in fear as she watched her father pacing back and forth in front of them holding a long pointed silver object that reflected the moonlight back off it and bounced shards of light onto the observing crowd. Her head was throbbing and her eyeballs felt like they would explode out of her head at any moment so she looked at her boyfriend and took in his handsome face so she could remember him perfectly in her mind's eye. The sheer amount of pressure she felt from being hung by her ankles was causing her unbelievable amounts of pain but she had no intention of giving her evil father the satisfaction of knowing that she was in any kind of pain.