Chapter Sixteen

Raven awoke in a bright white room and she could hear an annoying beeping noise close by. She focused her eyes and realised that she was in a hospital room at Lake Creek. She was alone in the room and had a drip attached to her right arm and a blood pressure cuff around her upper left arm. The room had pictures on the walls of forest scenes and the window was perfectly placed with a beautiful view of the vast lake. A view that Raven could get lost in forever but not today her thoughts went straight to Gray and as the panic set in, her heart beat raced. She needed to know if he was alive or dead but her worries where interrupted quite abruptly by a loud firm  knock on the door.

"Good morning Miss Jenson" a pleasant husky voice said coming straight in through the door and walking across to her bedside.

Raven didn't respond but pulled herself up into a sitting position as she looked at this middle aged man in a white doctors coat with a stethoscope hanging around his neck and a clipboard in his right hand.

"I'm Dr Deno Hemlock the chief medical consultant here at Lake Creek hospital and you, you are Raven Chelsea Jenson, the Alpha's daughter and partway through your transformation" he said to Raven smiling widely at her and she looked back into his light brown caring eyes and nodded.

"Good. Now that we have got the pleasantries out of the way, you are in hospital because you collapsed last night and Lucas along with everyone else brought you here and might I just add that you have a very loving family my dear. It took me over an hour to get any of them to leave so you could get some rest. Let me tell you five anxious werewolves in a small room like this is a combination for disaster" he explained.

"Five?" Raven asked.

"Yes my dear there were five when Alpha Maxwell arrived" Dr Hemlock explained.

Raven had thought stupidly that Gray had come to see her but how could he have done as he was in such bad shape the last time she saw him and her father would never have let that happen anyway, especially not now that she has agreed to marry Samuel Beaumont. She brushed the thought from her mind and it made her cringe to think that in such a short space of time she would be married.

"What happened to me last night?" Raven asked Dr Hemlock.

"Well my dear you fainted, I believe it was brought on by extreme stress, might I add that in your condition you should not be around angry werewolves" Dr Hemlock said looking at Ravens chart and then at the girl looking back at him.

"How many more episodes will I have before the transformation is complete?" Raven asked him.

"Well from what Mrs Cookson and your father explained to me, you have had two episodes so far so maybe anything from three to five normally occur" He informed her.

"No I have already had three heating episodes Dr Hemlock" Raven stated.

"Alpha Maxwell was incredibly detailed with the two he mentioned, have you had another one that he wasn't aware of" Dr Hemlock asked her.

"The first was the worst and Mrs Cookson looked after me and the second my father was there and then the third was last night that's why i'm in here right?" she asked not meaning to sound rude but coming across that way.

Dr Hemlock read the chart and the notes carefully as Raven watched him closely. He was flipping through the pages taking in all the information noted on the paperwork.

"Last night wasn't a heating episode Raven you fainted" Dr Hemlock informed her.

"What, why did I faint?" she asked him.

"Many ladies do Miss Jenson especially in your condition but it's nothing to worry about. You just need to make sure you eat regularly and keep your fluid intake up and rest the early days are the hardest but it will get easier when your body adjusts to what's happening." Dr Hemlock told her and informed her that he would be able to release her this afternoon and turned to leave.