Jess

After my sister left Inazuma, I ran to my mothers office.

"Mother! Y/N left!" She didn't even raise her head.

"Im aware." She continues signing papers andputting them in the stack beside her.

"A-arnt we going to go get her back?" I start to panic, i know my sister and mother wernt on the best of terms cence fathers passing but surely mother will send some soldiers to find her.

"She left of her own will, yes?" I nod

"Then why bring her back? If Y/n truely wishes to be outcasted from their home land, so be it. Ive spent to many years struggling to keep them here anyway." Mother aprochs me, placing an hand on the side of my face.

"Besides, I only need one successor."

No. Surly, Y/n always said she cared for no thing but the eternal city. I though surely, mothers jokeing. She has to be.

My mother sighs seeing the fear in my eyes. "If you miss her so much go get her yourself, but do not expect a welcom party when you return."

Y/n was right. Mother never cared for us at all.

"You. You- YOY WITCH! Y/N IS YOUR CHILD! DO YOU NOT CARE FOR YOUR OWN FLESH AND BLOOD?!" Baal's eyes widen at my outburst. Only Y/n had seem me like this, when we talked last before she left.

~~~

"Jess im telling you, we need to leave, get out of here. Scidadle! What dont you get?! She never loved us, come on this is our chance."

"SHE IS OUR MOTHER OF COURSE SHE LOVES US." I spoke in my mothers defense only to find, I was the one who was wrong.

"Soldiers! Make sure my sister dose not leave her room." I left the room seathing with anger. Leaving a stunned Y/n in my wake.

~~~

"I should have listened to Y/n they were right all this time. I defended you, and you, you dont even care if Y/n were to die out there." I turn to leave.

"Good bye mother"

And like that I left the only place I had only known. To see Y/n.

~~~
I told my story to the only one who would listen. Aether, stayed quiet, till Paimon spoke up.

"Paimon never knew Y/n had been though so much. No wonder they didnt want to speak of their home." Aether nods, still pondering something.

"Aether? Are you alright?" He looked up at my question.

"I know where Y/n is- er was, i dont know if they are still there." My eyes light up, i feel my body get lighter, theres hope.

Hope to overthrow Baal.

~~~

I must have fallen asleep. I rase my head to find there was something on my it. Carefully turning my head to see Xiao asleep. My head on his sholder, his head on mine. He mermered in his sleep.

"Im sorry. Im sorry" I gently shake him
"Who's there?!" He jults awake.

"Its just me sleepyhead." I laugh.

"You think I sleep? You have no respect for the ways of the adepti." I roll my eyes with a laugh.

"Sure we should be getting back though, how are we supposed to get down?"

"I.. hadn't thought of that."

"Let me get this straight. You, brought me up here, knowing I'm afraid of hights, and had NO IDEA HOW TO GET DOWN?!" Im sure everyone in Liyue Harbor could hear my shout.

"No. I have an idea, I'm just not sure if it will work"

I place my face in my hand. This man is not as put together as he makes it out to seem.

"Hey, its your fault, if you had a glider this would be easyer."

"Well sorry for being heald captive for 1200 years!" With that Xiao went quite.

"Lets get going" I turn to him to ask how exactly he plained on doing that, but he was gone.

"Jump." I hear his voice.

"Are you crazy?!"

"Do you trust me?"

"NO!" He's crazy we literally took this trip BECOUSE I dont trust him.

"Just do it."

"If you dont catch me there will be war" thats a lie but he dosent have to know that. I could practically hear his eye roll. "Ok." I take a step back and run twords the edge and jumping off.

Why did I think this was a good idea? Im gunna die. This is how i end. Ooph- He cought me. I'm alive!

"I told you, I'm willing to protect you." Xiao says seemingly annoyed at my relief.

"Yesh but im kinda used to people going back on there word so, this is new to me." I state matter-of-factly. He sighs and we start gliding back to the inn.

~~~

"I see your back! Y/n we need you to deal with the hillichurls, they are getting out of hand." I nod at Verr's words then wave to Xiao,

"Thanks that was fun, scary but fun!" I laugh. Running down the stairs happy to be on solid-non-floating ground.

Reaching the bottom I hear, a voice i never thought I would hear again.

"Y/n?"

"Jess?"

And like that my day is ruined.

~~~
what yall thing? I worked really hard on this chapter lol some little Xiao fluff 2!