~ Chapter Five ~

Olivia sat in disbelief as her heart rate accelerated. For sixteen years of her life, she’d been in a relationship with Elliot Stabler, and now the FBI was going to sit here and tell her he’s part of the Irish Mob. For most of the last fourteen years, this man has been a devoted husband and a father to three, but now a secret life just appears out of nowhere. Something didn’t seem right, and with no proof, Olivia wasn’t about to let some blonde FBI agent tell her anything about her husband.

“Detective, are you alright?” Amanda questioned, trying to meet Olivia’s eyes.

“Let me set the record straight, my husband is not and has never been a part of the Irish Mob. I have been in a relationship with this man for sixteen years, and not once have I ever heard a single thing about the mob. So why don’t you pack yourself up, take your tight ass and get the fuck out of my precinct.”

“I can’t do that, Olivia, ” Amanda grumbled, “you’ll be coming back to Washington D.C. with me.”

Olivia rolled her eyes and stood, “I’m not going anywhere with you.”

“Actually, you will be. You’re being taken into FBI custody.”

“Excuse me?” Olivia questioned, her brows furrowing together.

“You’re being taken into FBI custody under suspicion with a reasonable doubt that you’re a part of or covering for the Irish Mob.”

“You’ve got to be out of your goddamn mind, ” Olivia yelled, “I have three kids. Their father just disappeared, and now you’re going to take me from them because you think I’m covering for or am a part of the Irish Mob?”

“Precisely, ” Amanda spoke, running a hand over her neck.

“Show me the proof. I’m not going to sit here and get suspected of anything I haven’t done without proof.”

“All the proof is downstairs. Your captain is looking it over now, and you’re welcome to see everything we’ve collected.”

Olivia and Amanda made their way back downstairs. Olivia racked her brain about anything Elliot might’ve mentioned about the Irish Mob, but nothing came to mind. As she got closer to her captain’s office, she started to doubt herself. What if Elliot had filed for divorce because he knew he was heading to Ireland? What if he’d done it to protect her and their kids? What if he knew that the FBI was getting close to his trail?

“Olivia, ” Don spoke as his young detective opened his office door, “you’re gonna want to see this.”

Don handed Olivia a thick file of pictures and reports and pointed to the couch at the corner of his office. Olivia moved and sat down before setting the file on the coffee table in front of her. The file revealed pictures of Elliot and men Olivia didn’t recognize.

“Olivia?” Don questioned softly.

“I swear I knew nothing about this, Don.” Olivia whimpered, scanning pictures of her husband in Boston, New York City, Chicago, and Philadelphia.

“I believe you, Liv, I do. How did he keep his second life such a secret?”

“I don’t know, ” Olivia spoke, her voice faltering with emotion.

“We’re going to figure this out, Olivia, I promise. Fin is taking your kids to your parent’s house, and they think you’re going undercover. Trevor Langan is going to fly down and represent you on behalf of my request. I’ve already put in a call to FBI Director Booth, and he’s assured me you’ll be taken care of, ” Don sighed, hugging Olivia before whispering. “We love you and will see you soon, okay?”