~ Chapter Twenty-Two ~

Olivia laid unconscious in the hospital which scared her family to the max. Parker, William, and Emme had already lost Elliot and now they'd lost Trevor too, which left them once again with just their mom. Olivia was strong, that's what everyone continued to say: 'she's strong and I know she'll pull through,' 'she'll come around, just keep praying,' 'she's the strongest woman I know, you have nothing to worry about.' That was easy for them to say, it wasn't their daughter or mother laying in that hospital bed, fighting for her life.

"Ellis, are you ready to go?" Beau questioned, rubbing his wife's shoulders as she cried over their daughter's battered body.

"We're going to be late, " Ellis sniffled, wiping away her tears.

"It's okay, I've got a car waiting for us out front and I've called the church, they said they'd let people sign the guest book and get seated."

"Okay, " Ellis sniffled, "I'll be back after the funeral, Livvie love, " Ellis breathed, kissing her daughter's head before following her husband out of the room.

Beau and Ellis headed to Trevor's funeral with all three kids in tow. They understood their daughter's and grandchildren's love for the man so they were going for the four of them. It was clear to Ellis that she'd also fallen in love with the tall and charming man, it was also known whether Beau liked it or not, that he too approved of the young man's relationship with his daughter.

"I wish mom was here, " Parker sighed, tugging at his cufflinks.

"Me too, " William agreed, holding a sleepy Emme.

"She loved him a lot, " Parker turned to his brother, "I know you and Emme did too, I just wish I'd gotten to spend more time with him."

"Hey know that he loved you too, Park, he asked about you after every call you had with mom. He thought about you often."

"Really?" Parker questioned a glimmer of something in his eye.

"Yes, he loved all three of us equally. I know you didn't get a ton of time with him, but he still loved you."

"Thanks, Liam, I needed to hear that, " Parker smirked, patting his brother on the back.

"You're welcome, Park, " William half-smiled.

The Stabler kids, Beau and Ellis, and everyone else sat through a beautiful service done by Trevor's family. It was clear to Doug and Betty Langan that their son was loved by many in the city including his girlfriend's family. At the end of the service and burial, Doug and Betty caught up with Ellis and Beau.

"Excuse me? Are you Olivia's parents?" Doug questioned, causing Beau to stop and face the man who was about his age.

"We are, " Beau nodded, sticking out a hand, "Beau Benson and this is my wife Ellis."

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you, " Doug smiled, shaking hands with the couple, "this is my wife Betty and I'm Doug, we're Trevor's parents."

"It's nice to finally meet you, " Ellis offered a small smile, "I wish it was under the circumstances of their engagement though and not his untimely death, our deepest condolences to you."

"Thank you, " Doug sighed, "they mean more than you know. We wanted to catch you before you left and ask how Olivia was doing?"

Ellis turned and hid her face in Beau's chest. Beau sighed and rubbed his wife's back gently preparing his answer.

"It's still very touch and go at the moment. She has swelling in the brain and her body is in pretty rough shape. We're taking it day by day at the moment."