~ Chapter Twenty ~

Autumn had arrived somewhat early in New York City, bringing with it cooler weather and lots of rain. September had just begun and already New Yorkers could count the days it had rained on two hands. Olivia's first week of modified bedrest or as Trevor liked to call it, restricted commission, was going well.

Parker and William had stepped up tremendously offering to help out wherever they could. Picking up after dinner, helping wash dishes, playing with Emme they'd been a huge help. Olivia sat at the kitchen island as Trevor picked up from the boy's breakfast.

"Bye mom, bye Trevor, " Parker said, coming down the stairs.

"Bye guys, " William called, following his brother.

"Bye guys, have a good day, love you, " Olivia called out to them.

"Make sure you take your raincoats, it looks like it's going to rain, " Trevor called out to the boys as they made their way to the door.

"Can't leave the house without them, " William called out as the front door opened and closed with a heavy hand.

Parker and William headed out to catch the bus as Olivia stared across the counter at Trevor as he began fixing their morning beverages.

"What are you staring at?" Trevor questioned with a raised brown and grin.

"Fatherhood looks so good on you, " Olivia sighed contently.

"Is that right? Well, don't I have news for you."

"What?" Olivia giggled as Trevor slid her mug of tea across the counter.

"Motherhood looks ten times better on you, than fatherhood looks on me, " Trevor smiled, coming around the kitchen island.

Trevor gently twisted Olivia's chair so she was facing him before he placed his hands on her swell. Gently he ran his thumbs over the silky blush blouse that covered her before leaning down to place a kiss on her belly.

"I look at you every day in awe, Olivia. Watching you carry my children has been a blessing. Years ago, when we first met, I never would've pictured this. You and me, us, together with three kids on the earth side and two on the way. I love you and can't begin to express how truly grateful I am for you, the boys, Emme, and our little ones."

Olivia sniffled, quickly flicking a tear from her cheek. Caressing Trevor's face she pulled his attention from her belly to her, softly capturing his lips in a tender kiss. Eventually, they broke apart for air, taking a moment he slipped his hand into her hair before placing another equally tender kiss on her forehead.

"I love you too, " Olivia whispered, "I'm so thankful for you and this little family that we've managed to blend, quite nicely, if I do say so myself."

"We've done good, Livvie, we've done good."

Trevor placed one last kiss on Olivia's forehead before disappearing down the hall to gather his things for work. Olivia slid off her chair to finish picking up the kitchen before heading off for the day and as she started, Lucy let herself into the family home.

"Olivia, " Lucy playfully scolded, "that's my job and you know it."

"I just thought I'd lend you an extra hand. Trevor is just grabbing his work stuff and then we'll be off, " Olivia smiled, wiping down the counter.

"Olivia, that's not what I mean and you know it, " Lucy laughed, guiding Olivia by the small of her back to a chair, "you aren't supposed to be doing this kind of stuff. You need to be resting, hell, if I was Dr. Ames you'd be in the hospital serving your bed rest."

"Oh Lucy, between you, Trevor, the boys, my parents, the people at work, and even Emme I'm so well taken care of that wiping down a counter isn't gonna hurt anybody, " Olivia sighed, rubbing her belly.