~ Chapter Six ~

A loud knock sounded on the door of Trevor’s hotel room, pulling him from his deep activity-induced slumber. His eyes opened to the bright sun shining through the large glass window beside his bed. A knock sounded again, followed by a yell from a muffled voice on the other side of the door. Trevor slipped out of bed, stumbling to the door where he was met by a rage-filled FBI agent.

“Where is she, scumbag?” Amanda grumbled, pointing at the empty room across the hall.

“Well, good morning to you too, ” Trevor grumbled, “now before you get your panties in any more of a bunch, she’s in here.”

“What is she doing in your room Mr. Langan, ” Amanda questioned. Not as an officer of the law but as someone who was intrigued by the brunette detective.

“That’s none of your business. Mrs. Stabler is my client, and she and I can meet at any time we see fit. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a personal matter to handle. We will meet you at FBI H-Q at the time we discussed, thank you.” Trevor spoke coldly.

The tall sculpted lawyer shut the door on Amanda before she could speak another word. She knew the chances of Olivia having the same feelings she did would be a stretch, but she didn’t peg the woman for tall lawyers like Mr. Langan. Then again, the woman who’d caught her eye was a mother-of-three and a wife to a burly Irish Mobmen, so chances of a relationship between them would be slim to none.

Trevor wandered back to the bed and found Olivia curled up under a sheet. Slowly, the night before flooded back to him, they made love. He guaranteed himself that she wasn’t interested in him, that she only sought him out for comfort in a time of need. Life hadn’t been easy for her lately, and he knew that better than anyone. He climbed back onto the bed and rested a hand on her olive skin.

“Olivia?” He spoke softly, gliding his rough fingertips over Olivia’s shoulder. 

He continued to repeat the motions until a soft hum escaped the brunette’s lips. 

“Olivia, you’ve gotta get up, ” Trevor offered gently.

“Why am I in your bed?” Olivia questioned, a panicked tone lacing her words as she pulled the covers tighter against her chest. 

“We had sex.”

“Right, we had sex, ” Olivia echoed, sighing deeply before resting her forehead on Trevor’s chest.

“Are you okay?” Trevor questioned, moving hair out of her face.

“Yeah, I just. . .I didn’t expect to move on this fast. It feels good, though, like closure.”

“Well, I guess I’m glad I could help.”

“Yeah. . .thank you, I appreciate it, Trevor.”

“Any time, Liv. I mean it, I enjoyed myself last night.”

“Don’t get ahead of yourself, Langan, ” Olivia smiled, pulling away from his chest. “I enjoyed it too, but until all of this get’s figured out, we probably shouldn’t sleep together.”

“Agreed.” Trevor spoke plainly, “you can let yourself out, Detective.”

Olivia sighed as Trevor made his way around the corner into his bathroom. The two of them had always had a deep connection to one another, but she was a married woman then, and he was more into one-night stands with no feelings attached. Once the bathroom door clicked shut, Olivia gathered her scattered clothes and made her way through the adjoining door to her room.

××××

Olivia and Trevor entered FBI headquarters around noon. Looks were given by everyone they passed, leading Olivia to quickly realize her case was the one to be on. So far, Olivia only knew of one Special Agent who was given the pleasure of being on her case, and she knew that FBI Director Booth was overseeing the case. Olivia had a gut feeling about what she was going to disclose today, and it felt like all would be okay. Trevor and Olivia followed a young redhead to the office of Director Booth.