~ Chapter Twenty-Five ~

Friday rolled around quickly and due to being in the hospital for over a month, Olivia's doctors felt it was time to break her free of the ICU.

"Are you excited to break free?" Amanda questioned, sitting in a chair beside Olivia's bed.

"You have no idea. I know I still have a lot of healing to do, but this is a great step."

"Certainly, you're going to be staying with your parents for a while, right?"

"Yes, my mom and dad already have the kids set up in their home, so it'll be an easy transition for me to just join them there."

"Good, good, now I want you to know that if anyone gets on your nerves and you need to break free, you can call and I'll get you out of there for a couple of hours, " Amanda chuckled.

"Thank you, Amanda, it means a lot that you've been looking out for me while I've been here. I look forward to building a friendship with you."

"It's my pleasure, Liv, and I look forward to finally being able to build one with you too."

Olivia and Amanda shared a comfortable silence. In Olivia's opinion, she had no right to be so cold to Amanda when she arrived from D.C. However to Amanda some of the hostility was understandable, she had been the reason Olivia had been yanked away from her children upon her husband's disappearance.

"Liv, can I ask you something?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"Do you ever think about what happened or where Elliot went?"

Olivia chuckled softly, "no, I know he's across the world in Ireland. He's living up his life with his mistress and the mob. There's no doubt in my mind that he is fine and dandy."

"Not a doubt?"

"Nope. I'd be lying if I said I don't think about him at all because some days he drifts into my thoughts. I think about him and what our life would look like if he was still around. I think about if we actually would've gotten divorced and if I still would've ended up in my relationship with Trevor, " Olivia whimpered, beginning to tear up at the thought of Trevor.

"Liv, I'm so sorry, " Amanda sighed, taking hold of Olivia's hand.

"It's okay, it is just still a sore subject. I saw myself being with Trevor for a long time that wasn't meant to be."

Amanda passed a sympathetic look to Olivia as a knock sounded on the hospital room door.

"Come in, " Olivia sniffled, wiping off a stray tear.

Dr. Ames opened her patient's door and smiled at the brunette and blonde, "Olivia, how are we feeling?"

"Ready to go home, " Olivia sighed.

"I should've known those would be the first words out of your mouth. So, how about we take a look at those babies and get you out of here, okay?"

"Sounds like a plan, " Olivia smiled tiredly.

After a check-up on the twins, ensuring Olivia and Dr. Ames that both babies were strong and thriving. Olivia was discharged into her parent's care. Given the extent of her still-healing injuries, she had strict rules to follow regarding her recovery, including scheduled appointments for physical therapy.

"Mom, how are you feeling?" Parker questioned, entering his grandparent's living room where Olivia was laid up on the couch.

"Okay, baby. How are you? How was school?"

"It was good. I passed my math test. I just, I don't want to go to therapy tonight?"

"Why?" Olivia questioned, patting the seat next to her on the couch.