~ Chapter Twelve ~

Shortly after Parker’s comment about Trevor, Olivia decided it was time to load everyone up and head home. She felt bad knowing that Parker wasn’t exactly happy that Trevor was around and she knew he didn’t mean to take such a stab at her but it really had her rethinking everything going on. Trevor stepped up when he didn’t have to and was sticking around to raise not only his own child, but Olivia’s other three as well. He was being selfless, so selfless that everytime she thought about it she wanted to cry.

Parker slammed his car door and pulled Olivia from her thoughts, “we’re home, ” Trevor whispered angrily.

“I’m sorry, ” Olivia apologised, placing a hand on Trevor’s shoulder.

“Don’t be. I’m not mad at you or him for that matter, I’m mad at his attitude and actions since we told him it was time to leave. I don’t know what has him upset, but I think I need to get to the bottom of it before he explodes.”

“Trevor, I don’t think it's a good idea for you to step in on this one, ” Olivia spoke softly.

“Why? Is he mad at me? Did I do something wrong?”

“No, I just think he needs some space. I think our relationship might be moving a little too fast for him to comprehend and he needs some time to come to you on his own terms.”

“Oh, ” Trevor sighed, “okay, I get that.”

“You’re not too hurt, are you?”

“No. . .no, I totally get it, ” Trevor spoke, rubbing the back of his neck, “uh, would you mind if I put Emme down tonight?”

“Not at all, honey, ” Olivia smiled, leaning over the console, “I love you.”

“I love you too, ” Trevor spoke plainly, before getting out of the car to get Emme out of her car seat.

William had chased his brother from the car and upstairs to his room. Parker jumped onto his bed and threw his face into his pillow before yelling at the top of his lungs. William shut their door and sat across from his brother on his own bed.

“Dude, you need to chill out. What the hell has gotten into you?” William asked, needing to know the true source of his brother's troubles.

“How the fuck can she just move on like that!”

“Who, Mom?”

“Yes mom, you dumb fuck. I can’t believe her. One second Dad’s the love of her life and then not even two months after his disappearance she brings him home! Like what a whore.”

“Parker!” William yelled, disgusted he’d ever call their mother that.

“Liam, it’s true. She’s a fucking whore and you know it, ” Parker sneered.

“I can’t believe you! Our mother is not a whore, she’s far from it. Plus, what the fuck do you have against Trevor? He’s a nice guy if you’d bother getting to know him, and Mom and Dad were getting a divorce. They didn’t love each other anymore, Parker, you know that, so get the fuck over yourself! Mom is happy, Emme is happy, and to be quite frank I’m happy.”

“You’re a fucking traitor!” Parker yelled as his mother, Trevor, and a sleepy Emme entered downstairs.

“Uh-oh, ” Olivia swallowed, making a move for the stairs.

Trevor gently grabbed Olivia’s arm, “No, not in your current state. Take Emme and lock yourself in our room.”

“Trev?” Olivia questioned as the yelling upstairs continued.

“Go, ” he spoke sternly before rushing up the stairs.

“You shouldn’t even be allowed to call yourself a Stabler!” Parker yelled, taking his first swing at his brother.