~ Chapter Eleven ~

"Olivia, who is this?" Ellis questioned her daughter, standing to greet the man who towered over her.

"Mom, this is Trevor Langan, my boyfriend. . ." Olivia exhaled, "Trevor, this is my mom, Ellis and you know Captain Cragen."

"It's very nice to meet you, ma'am, I'm sorry it's under these circumstances, " Trevor frowned before shaking Ellis's hand and moving to Olivia's bedside. "Are you okay, Liv? What happened?"

"I'm okay, " Olivia smiled weakly before taking Trevor's hands into her own. "I was getting the pregnancy confirmed and I passed out while they were taking blood, but I'm okay now and so is our child."

"Good, " Trevor exhaled as relief rested on his features. "I know I'm not supposed to show up unannounced like this, particularly for this reason, but I couldn't stay away and I couldn't get ahold of you so I thought it'd be okay to break that rule this one time."

"Of course it is and uh. . .now, given the circumstances, I think we can abolish that rule. I want you around whenever I can have you around, okay?"

"You've got it, " Trevor placed a soft kiss on Olivia's forehead before looking at Ellis and Cragen, "I apologize for barging in."

"It's okay, Trevor, was it?" Ellis questioned.

"Yes ma'am, Trevor Langan."

"This is your family now, Trevor, so no need to apologize. In fact, I'm happy you barged in and didn't stand out in the hallway like an idiot, " Ellis chuckled, receiving a glare from Olivia, "how about we do dinner sometime soon? I know Olvia's dad will be an anxious man waiting to meet the new love of his daughter's life."

"Mom, let's not rush anything. I don't want to scare him away."

Trevor gave Olivia's hand a gentle squeeze, "dinner would be great. I know my work is going to be busy in these coming weeks, so maybe we can work something out for a few weeks from now?"

"Certainly. You and Olivia can reach out when life calms down a little bit, " Ellis smiled, giving her daughter a small wink.

"Sounds like a plan then and thank you both for being here with her, I know it's your job Ellis, but thank you anyway."
"Of course, Trevor. It means a lot to me that you went through some trouble to figure out what happened to her and found her."

"Wouldn't have done anything less, " Trevor smiled.

"You're welcome, Trevor, " Cragen spoke from the corner of the room, "and just know that I'm always keeping an eye on her, clear?"

"Clear, Captain." Trevor swallowed.

×××

Several weeks passed and things seemed to be going well for the new couple. Trevor's hours were currently bonkers because of all the clients he and the firm were dealing with, but things started to slow down near the end of June. For the first Saturday in a month, Trevor was not in a suit suffocating in a hot office with angry men. In fact, it was nearing noon and he was still comfortably moving around Olivia's house in his sweatpants.

"Hey, " Olivia sighed, padding out of the bedroom in short and an old tee.

"Hi, " Trevor smiled, "feeling any better this morning, love?"

"Not really, but don't worry this is what being pregnant does to me."

Trevor placed a soft kiss on Olivia's forehead while holding her at the waist, "I just feel bad, you've been so sick lately and I feel like there's nothing I can do to help. I know that I haven't been around much these last few weeks and I feel bad because I should be here to help you and to build relationships with the kids."