~ Chapter Twenty-One ~

"I'm going to ride with her!" Cragen yelled to Amanda and Fin, "meet us at Mercy General and one of you call Ellis."

"We're on it, Captain, " Fin hollered back, ushering Amanda back to their sedan.

'Who's Ellis?" Amanda questioned, trying to keep up with Fin's fast pace.

"Olivia's mom. I need you to drive, can you do that?"

"Yeah, " Amanda nodded, catching Fin's keys as they climbed back into the sedan.

The ambulance carrying Olivia took off and Amanda stayed close behind it. Fin dialed Ellis' number from memory and listened to several rings before the call connected.

"Hello, Ellis Benson speaking, " her kind voice sounded, melting Fin's heart into two.

"Ellis, it's Fin Tutuola from SVU, how are you?"

"Fin, what's wrong?" Ellis questioned, cutting to the chase immediately.

"It's Olivia and Trevor, they've been in a bad car wreck."

"Fin, is everyone okay? Where are they taking her?"

"She's on her way to Mercy, Ellis, " Fin paused for a deep breath, "she's in pretty rough shape from what I could see. Cragen's riding with her."

"Okay, Beau and I are going to meet you at Mercy. Is someone with Trevor, how is he?"

"I can't release any details, but uh, he's not good, " Fin spoke, trying to be as vague as possible.

"He's gone, isn't he?" Ellis whimpered, grabbing onto Beau's arm.

"You didn't hear this from me, but yes, he suffered life-threatening injuries during the accident, and he never came back to consciousness. If I had to guess based on my very little knowledge of medicine, I'd say brain trauma was the cause of death."

"Okay, " Ellis whimpered with a sniffle, "we'll be at Mercy in ten."

"See you then, Ellis." Fin sighed, hanging up the phone.

"It's crazy, " Amanda said, once Fin's phone was back in the cupholder.

"What is?"

"How people can just--die, " she whimpered, her voice cracking with emotion.

"It's a cruel world out there, " Fin sighed as Amanda pulled up to the other police cars already outside the hospital.

"I mean we saw them together, happy, alive what an hour ago and now he's just dead?"

"I know, Mandy, " Fin spoke, hugging the blonde over the console. "Listen to me, okay, once you see Olivia and she's awake don't say anything about Trevor. I know it'll be hard, but somebody is going to need to comfort her so we're gonna need all hands on deck."

Amanda nodded and sniffled before wiping away her tears. 

"I shouldn't be crying, I barely knew the guy, " Amanda chuckled, trying to play down her emotions.

"It's okay to cry, Mandy, he's a good guy who was gone way too soon."

"Way t-to soon, " Amanda sniffled, wiping her tears again, "we should get in there."

"Yeah, come on, " Fin spoke, opening his door.

The squad, well half of the NYPD, waited in the overcrowded waiting room for news on Olivia. Slowly Olivia's blood family also started to trickle in, but it was him who stopped Fin in his tracks.

"Graham?" Fin questioned, locking eyes with Olivia's brother.

"Fin Tutuola, long time no see, " Graham sighed, sticking out a hand.