Chapter 54: Say Something

I let out an ungodly yell as I slide down on the tile to retrieve Eliza from the floor. She was unconscious, bent over on her side as her hair curtained her face. I immediately pulled her to me, but she didn't move. Her limp body leant over me like a damp cloth. I called her name repeatedly trying to wake her, but no matter how loud I yelled, she wouldn't wake up.

"Say something, dammit!" I exclaimed hysterically. "This isn't funny Eliza!"

Soon the clambering of multiple feet started to come my way. My mums the first to reach the door. Her hand quickly moves to her mouth, covering her horrified gasp.

"What have you done..." She nearly whispers.

"I didn't-"

"Get off of her Lou!" She demands protectively. "Let her go this instant!"

Before I can even explain what I happened to come across, my mum takes Eliza from me, shifting her body far away from mine. The others gather near the door trying to gauge the situation.

"What happened?"

"Whats goin' on?"

"What did you do?"

All the bane looks and accusing tones attack me all at once. I'm still too in shock to answer and can only stare down at Eliza as my mum begins performing CPR.

"Call an ambulance!" She says between cycles. I hear someone breathe a quick 'okay' and take off running to get the phone.

"Get up, boy." The gruff voice of my dad says behind me. "You don't need to be in here."

I hardly hear him. Its only when he touches me do I finally respond and flinch away. "I'm not leaving her." I say adamantly. To prove my point, I steal Eliza back from my mum.

"Louis, this isn't the time. She needs for me to.." Her concerns fall on deaf ears as I start trying to breathe life back into Eliza. I pinch her nose and push a gust of air into her lungs. I refuse to loose her so easily, so unexpectantly. It isn't fair. I was just yelling at her a second ago and now I find her nearly dead in my bathroom. She wont leave me this way; I wont allow it.

Theres still so much to say, so much to talk about. We still haven't had our chance to hash things out; for her to call me an idiot and for me to remind her of how much a bitch she is for leaving me. We didn't have the opportunity to yell until our lungs collapsed and only be able to stare into each other's eyes after. I wouldn't be able to end the argument by throwing my arms around her and telling her how much she means to me; and she wouldn't be able to reciprocate those words and latch onto me tighter. I wont let her leave me now; not when theres still so much to be done.

Out of sheer faith and determination, Eliza lets out a small cough from her throat. I jerk up, giving her room as she begins to gasp for air. I cradle her in my arms as she begins to relax. Her breathings still shallow, but I'm able to tell shes alive other than before.

"You did it.." My mum says in awe. "Shes breathing." I actually look at my mum for the first time since our argument. Her eyes are watery, filled with sorrow and admiration as she tries to catch the falling tears.

"I'm so sorry, Lou." She weakly sobs. "I'm sorry for what I said about you and Eliza earlier."

My father helps my mum up on her feet as she begins to approach Gabriel. I watched confused as she points a finger at me.

"D'ya see that," she begins. "Your 'girlfriend' nearly died right in front of ya.. And all you did was watch." Her voice oozes disgusts. "If it wasn't for my son, she'd be dead."

Gabriel just stands there dumbly, swollen lips parted and bruised face not really knowing what to do.

"You are the one who doesn't deserve to be with that precious girl." She adds bitterly. "Now get out of my sight."