Chapter 14: A Bets a Bet

"...I'm sorry. Am I talking too much?" Amelia's voice is small. "I'm boring you with this."

"No,no, you're alright. I think its cool." I insist. Truth is, I haven't been paying half as much attention as I should be while Amelia's been talking. Every time I try, my mind drifts elsewhere. I remember hearing about her owning horses and another concerning the collection of books she has at home; thats pretty much it.

She instantly perks up, fixing her glasses and blushing as she always does.

"So what are your plans for tonight?" I ask casually. I don't want her to quiz me on anything she recently said so I found it best to change the subject.

"Um, I think my mum is goin' to be with my aunt later. Shes preparin' for a wedding."

"Aren't you goin' too?" I thought women were into that stuff; regardless if they were apart of it or not.

She shakes her head. "I don't really like shoppin'. It gets crowded and the shops never have my size when I go." She smiles sheepishly.

"What about your father? Whats he doin'?"

"Oh, um, he's... He's dead." She explains. "When I was younger he passed away."

Way to go. Leave it to me to bring up her dead father and make this whole setting depressing.

"Oh.. I'm sorry for you loss." This couch couldn't be more awkward for me. Where the hell is Wesley and Ryan!

"Oh thanks, but its fine really. I hardly remember him. I was like, two." She giggles. Its a relief and slightly alarming that she can find humor in her dad being gone and her being too young to care. I didn't know she could be so light on such things. She comes off as being very frail and sensitive; the usual shy type. Nice to know she has a sense of humor.

"Oh, okay." I breathe, relieved. "I didn't know what to say next."

She covers her mouth with her fair hand as she continues to giggle. "I can tell. Your face said i'tall."

"I never was good at hiding my emotions." I laugh; even though its sort of true. I got the pills to show for it.

"Neither am I. But I guess thats obvious." She blushes once again. I save her from embarrassment by just leaving the topic alone. Shes probably the most easiest person to read. Whenever shes nervous, happy, or flustered, its plain as day. No need to ask how shes feeling, it being displayed on her face. Thats totally opposite from Eliza.

With Eliza, I never really know. Shes a wild card; an undeciphered, undisclosed, wild card. I doubt her own parents can tell what shes feeling. I would think she felt absolutely nothing at all if I hadn't seen those different sides of her. Shes like that fifty shades of grey, minus all the kinky sex stuff; just the mysterious characteristics of the character. I'm told from my mum, that the guy keeps the girl guessing every step of the way, showing her different sides, "shades", of him along the way.

Will that be us; us being me and Eliza? Will her return be the start of me discovering all the hidden traits about her and knowing her in a way I didn't before? Will her being here, in my classes and on the field with me, bring us closer somehow? In the short time shes been back, so much has happened. Discovering we have classes and mainly being disruptive in them, me rescuing her from the park, and most of all the party; our first kiss.

I thought I would've been halfway through with my plan of making her life so miserable that she moved again but look where I'm at. Sitting here, on the couch with Amelia Hart, thinking about her. What the hell is she doing to me..

"Um, Louis? I think your friends are here." Amelia says.

I look back to where shes pointing to see Wesley looking around the room, Ryan occupied with a girl by the entrance.