Chapter 31: Wicked Angel

The taste of her lips is enticing. Its slow and steady, getting familiar until we're fully acquainted again. I keep my hands around her face, keeping her close as possible as she rests her hands on my arms. Shes been wanting this as much as I have; I can feel it. Unlike with Marilyn, it isn't rushed. Its sweet and simple. Theres no need to be rash; we're both just enjoying the moment, taking everything in.

I almost forget that we're still at school, by the office of all places, but I don't care. I've been waiting too long to feel her again and I'm not ready for it to end. I've accepted my fate with Eliza and I hope shes ready to do the same with me. Yes, shes a bitch. Yes, she lied to me. And yes, she is the girl who stole my heart anyway. My life doesn't make sense without this troublesome girl beside me, screwing up my plans. This is how we work. This is how its always been; and how I want it to stay.

She pulls back too soon and I rest my forehead on hers, not wanting to lose her touch. We're both panting, breathless from our kiss. Eliza is warm as her hands travel to my own, holding them in hers as she pulls them down.

"Let's get out of here.." She says.

"The days not even half way over." I chaff, looking down at this wicked angel. "Where are you trying to go?"

"Anywhere. I just want to go. Can we? Please?" She begs, looking up at me.

I want to do whatever she says. I'd be more than willing to take her wherever she'd like. It'd just be us two. But one: I don't have a vehicle. And two: I still need to attend footy practice. I love her but if its not necessary to go, I'd prefer to stay here. I'm perfectly fine where I am now.

"Eliza.." I say gently. "We cant just up and leave."

"Yes we can. Its a free period anyway." She whines. "C'mon, lets just go." She says earnestly, and glances at the office doors. Whats the rush?

"I cant just leave for the day, I have footy. If you want to be alone, we can just-"

"No, I want to be away from here." She says sternly. I furrow my brows. Why is she so adamant on leaving.

"Whats going on?" I ask cautiously. "Are you hiding something?"

She bites her lip, trying to begin picking at her nails but I close my hand around them and draw her attention back to me.

"Cant we just talk about this later?" She pleads. "I don't want to do this now."

"Do what now?" I question.

She glances at the door again. "I never asked him to come. He wouldn't listen to me when I told him to get lost. You've got to believe me."

"Eliza, what are you goin' on about?" The more she spoke, the more dubious I became about us. What is she hiding now and just how bad is it that shes already pleading for my favor.

Before shes able to answer my question, the glass office doors open and two men walk out, talking amongst themselves.

I feel Eliza tugging on my jacket and saying something but I'm too focused on the fact that one of the men are Gabriel. What the hell is he doing on our grounds? And the man he's talking to, Mr. Holland; how the hell do they even know each other?

"What is he doing here?" I say, not bothering to hide my disgust.

As if recognizing my voice, Gabriel's head snaps my way, narrowing his eyes as he sees me and Eliza. Shes still holding onto me, standing at a close proximity. Mr. Holland is next to notice us and gives me a confused look as well.

"Elly?" He heaves, obviously irritated by the sight. "What the hell is going on here!" He demands.

"I told you already!" She retorts. "Get it through your bloody head!"