Chapter 5: Conscious Decisions

A few days later...

After much thought and consideration, I've made up my mind. The issue with Eliza was an over-analyzed minor setback. There were too many important things for me to worry about other than her. For example, there was footy, my friends, class, and a fellow student I'd met after footy named Rosaria.

She was a Latin goddess, transferred from Spain for the fall semester. A member on my team's family was hosting her stay so she was waiting for him to finish when I stumbled upon her. We'd exchanged numbers and I've been making a point to pull her aside in the halls or meet her in the common room between periods.

She didn't speak good English and her accent made it worse to understand what she was saying, but watching her talk, listening to the way she rolled her Rs, was tantalizing in the most lustful way. She was a bombshell too; curves and all. And her skin, like caramel wrapped around her frame. Meeting her gave me a new priority: get her first before everyone else does. And I had the perfect plan for it too.

Saturday, Arnie Westen would be having a party at his brothers flat. He was known for these things: booze, hookahs, and all the girls you could count. The only downside was that he was very social, which meant he had friends everywhere, including our rival school.

St. Babins Academy was another high ranked school, holding records of their own in different departments. One thing they couldn't achieve at very much was footy, but that didn't stop them from trying. They were ruthless cheats, throwing elbows and scraping lads with their cleats as they bypassed players, running after the ball. Of course they constantly got flagged but with so many players, they didn't care. There was a constant war between the sixth forms that'd been there for years and now I'm learning to despise them just as much as the other years did.

I had my own reasons though besides their foul play. He went there and would probably make an appearance at the party. My mum's friend's goody two-shoes son, the "angel sent from above."

He was a total mommas boy and a spoiled brat. He was cocky and deceiving, more of a player than I am. He truly didn't care for anything but himself, but you'd swear he did. Thats what pissed me off the most. I tried being cordial with him because he seemed like a nice lad, but behind closed doors, he was a snobby little insect that had to have his way. He was maniacal and always plotted against me to make me look bad infront of my mum, acting mannerly and offering to help whenever he could. I'd like to just shove my dirty trainers right up his-

"Lou Lou, what are you doing?" Leah asks, hanging her head to see me on the floor from on top of my bed.

"Yeah, Lou, why are you down there 'lone?" Lily chimes in, peeking down.

"This is how I think." I tell them. I liked to just lay back on my floor and look up to the ceiling. Somehow, it was soothing and allowed me to plan and think things through. Most of the time, it just helped relax me and I'd end up falling asleep. It was always this spot, right by the bed; ever since I was the twins age, I'd do this. But I couldn't let myself drift off too much because here, on this Thursday night, I was on twerp duty while my mum and dad were away.

"Whatcha thinkin' about Louis?" They ask.

I shrug, "Just stuff. Nothing you two would understand." I say, sticking my tongue out at them.

"Ya-huh!" Leah defends, "I know lots." She crosses her little arms, pouting. She always gets upset over the smallest things.

"Its okay." Lily coos, resting a hand on her shoulder. "Its probably a secret."

Her little face perks up. "You think so?" She whispers. "Lou Lou!" She leans over the bed. "Is it a secret? Is that why?" She asks earnestly.

Afraid of upsetting her and feeling helpless against her big blue eyes, I agree, easing her nerves.