Chapter 34: The Unexpected

"Are you sure you want to do this now, mate? Even with Gabriel there too?" Ryan asks, hoping I'll change my mind.

"I have to. If she's hiding somethin', I want to know." I'm tired of all the secrets. I miss the days where she'd openly tell me things, even if it was vulgar or insulting; at least it was the truth. I used to think she was the most honest person I knew but now its like a new revelation each time I see her. I don't know how much more I can take. I pray that this is the last and doesn't change the potential future we could have.

"Jesus. Wesley, don't just let him go, help me out!" Ryan urges. Wesley's remained silent throughout Ryan and I's arguement.

When Wesley said Eliza had something to tell me, I insisted on storming over to her house and find out just what it is. I don't give a damn if Gabriel's there; he shouldn't be in the first place. I'll pummel him first then ask Eliza whats she's hiding. Hearing my intention, Ryan's been trying to talk me out of it, while Wesley kept to himself. He looked confused and dumbfounded by the news.

My immediate thought was to ask what he knew, or what Eliza told him, or even why he knew such secretive things in the first place, but my priorities were with her at the moment. I'll get to him later.

"Like it or not, I'm goin'. Neither you, or Wes, is gonna change ma' mind." With that I swing the car door open and head straight for the house. We drove some ways past it but with my pace, I should arrive there quickly enough.

The sky is steadily getting darker and the wind is picking up. The chilly wind whips around my face as the first few drops of rain hit my skin. Each step I take brings me closer to the truth, if Eliza allows it.

When I round the corner to her street, my eyes land on her house in the distance. Gabriel's car is gone and I curse to myself. I really wanted a reason to finally fight that guy.

I make it to the porch and steps, knocking on the door. I hear yelling from the inside and cant imagine what this family could possibly be arguing about now.

<ELIZA'S POV>

"I'm tired of all these damn people coming to our house!" Noah roars.

He's been throwing a fit ever since Gabriel showed up unexpectantly with me. He had no problem with this before until now; Gabriel and I literally caught him with his pants down. Why he decided to be half naked around the house is beyond me but he was. Now that his willy was seen by a stranger, he's gone ballistic, rampaging through the house. Thankfully, with pants on this time.

"Pipe down already!" I holler down at him. "The whole neighborhood doesn't need to hear your whining."

"Well they're going to hear it, dammit. As long as people keep coming to the door, I'll keep yelling to scare them off!"

"No ones at the door, ya idiot!" He's impossible.

"Oh yeah? Then why the hell is there knocking then, huh? Explain that!" He exclaims.

I trot down the stairs, ready to undermine him but am proven wrong. Looking past the curtain, I see someone really is at the door. They're turned around so I cant see who it is, not to mention thats it darkened outside and my visions impaired since I took off my contacts. They knock again and I go to the door, unlocking it to see who else has come.

"Louis?"

He's standing there in front of me, wrapped tight in his cloak and scarf. Its began to rain and the wind is pushing it towards me as I stand in the entryway.

"Its about bloody time." He grumbles, coming in when I step aside. "I thought I would catch my death out there."

"We aren't that lucky." Noah says smugly from the stairs.