Chapter 35: Cat and Mouse

The mixture of rain tapping the window and the steady rhythm of music, sets a calming vibe in the room. Eliza has passed out on my chest. I'm tired as well, but I couldn't bring myself to miss a second of how vulnerable she looks while sleeping; totally relaxed and walls down. I know its a good rest when her mouth parts and her head is titled slightly up.

I emailed my mum and told her that I would be at Wesley's house and be home later. She had sent me several asking where I was. With that allaby, I'm able to spend more time with Eliza. Her house is a lot more private than I thought. We've been in here for some time without any disturbances; at least an hour or more.

I've been studying Eliza's room in the mean time. The deep purples and black swirls painted on her wall are so intricate and unique. Her furniture is rather plain but fits with the decorum. Some pictures she has hung up look like she stole them from a Thomas Kincade gallery; displaying nature, gardens, and little cottage-type housing. Others look much darker, using a lot of black abstract on gentle elements like butterflies and hearts, beautiful in its own right but wicked, like Eliza.

I wonder what inspired such a contrast. I'd give anything to know what rummages through that mind of hers. Shes always been such a mystery to me; even as a boy I was curious of her thoughts. Now that I'm older, I'm still anxious to know, just on a more intimate level.

She still has yet to answer my earlier questions and that worries me: like how she acquired those bruises and why she ran away from home the first, and second, time. Shes so closed off and reserved. If I pry too much, she shuts down and snaps at me or strays from the question. I wish she wasn't so complicated. I understand we all have secrets but when it concerns her well-being, I cant help myself; I want to know everything. That must sound overbearing but isn't that what normal couples do? Or people that are together I guess. Eliza and I haven't titled ourselves.

I consider her mine and we've already exchanged "I love you's". Maybe its already implied that we're girlfriend and boyfriend. It sounds so juvenile thinking about the childish names. I wish there was a second monomer that held a stronger meaning. I could come up with my own. I'll just call her my lady. Not very original, but it sounds better to me than some measly "girlfriend".

As if awoken from my thoughts of her, Eliza starts to stir from beneath me. I peer down at Eliza as her eyes begin to flutter open. She blinks a couple times and scans the room before peaking up at me.

"Hello." I say, smiling warmly at her. "Hi." She squeaks, cheeks rosy and hair tousled in a beautiful mess.

"How do you feel?" I ask warily, nuzzling in her hair.

"Umm.." She looks uncomfortable with the question. Whats there to be shy about now? We're both laying here naked; the shame factor should be gone.

"You can tell me." I reassure. "Theres nothing to be embarrassed about."

"Erm.. " She still looks uneasy about answering but continues. "I'm a little.. sore." She quietly admits, and quickly hides her face in my chest.

"Is that normal?" She mumbles against me.

"Yes." Its hard trying to stifle my laugh, but I'm able to contain myself. "It wont last long . You're just not used to it."

"Oh..okay." She says softly. And its quiet around us once again.

"I don't really know what to say.." Eliza confesses and I'm stunned thats shes being so open. "Was I..good?"

"Very." I grin, not being able to hide the boyish smile. She turns crimson, hiding her expression by covering herself with the sheet. She quickly puts it back down, shooting up in the bed with her arms crossed.