Chapter 16: Date- pt. 2

"Don't look too excited to see me sunshine." Eliza smirks at Amelia. "I wasn't expecting you to be here, I would've brought somethin' for you too."

I roll my eyes. As if. She knows I was going to be with Amelia tonight; it was because of her stupid bet after all. She even saw us driving this way in the car! Whats her game and whats she up to? Whatever it is, I don't like it.

"Thanks, now you can leave." I reach for my clothes but Eliza moves it just out of my reach.

"Tisk, tisk Louis. Where are your manners? Don't I get to be invited inside?" She smiles pitifully.

I'm not stupid enough to fall for Eliza's innocent routine. I'm not letting her step foot in my house. She stirs up trouble for me wherever she goes. I'm still heated over the fact that shes been seeing my friend behind my back. No way am I letting this jackal inside.

"I don't mind?" Amelia says shyly, peering up at me. I look down, bewildered at her. Does she not know whats shes saying?

"Its fine. Eliza will be fine going back home." I emphasize the home part, gritting at Eliza. She looks unaffected as always as she continues to perform her good girl role.

"But I've walked all this way. You know my house isn't just down the street." She pouts. "I'm tired and these flip flops have nearly rubbed my feet raw."

Shouldn't have worn the damn things.

"Can we let her in? Just so she can rest her feet?" Amelia asks. "Please?"

"No." I say flatly.

Amelia looks a little hurt that I said no to her. She should get the hint that I don't want Eliza here..even though a small piece of me is relieved she is.

"C'mon. She brought over your um, clothes. Can she at least sit down for a moment?" She pleads.

"Yeah Louis, just for a moment?" Eliza mimics her. I can see the ghost of a mischievous grin on her face. If I let her in, this whole "date" is going to be shot to hell, not like it already wasn't. But with Eliza adding her little flare of disaster, it'll probably be worse.

"No."

Just when I'm about to justify my argument, the munchkins start storming down the hall way. Eliza's grin widens. Damn. Like my mum, the twins like Eliza. Once the see her, they'll join in on the begging. How am I suppose to say no to two bushy haired, pale eyed girls that have my heart. I cant!

The familiar feel of the bucket on a certain monkey's head hits my leg and I know they've arrived.

"Look Lou Lou! We did a trick!" Leah exclaims excitedly.

"Now you see me," Lily giggles, holding the pail above her head, "now you don't." She says, covering her face.

Leah claps for her sister and looks at me expectantly to do the same.

"Bravo! Bravo!" I cheer, with much enthusiasm. "Wow, that was so so good girls. How'd you do that?"

They both put their fingers to their lips and say, "its a secret."

"I hope you'll teach me one day." Eliza says from behind me. The mystery voice peeks their interest so they push mine and Amelia's legs out of the way to see who's at the door.

"Look Leah, its 'Liza!"

"Lou Lou, 'Liza's back!"

I look back up at the gloating smile on Eliza's face.

'You're enjoyin' this, aren't you?' I mentally ask her.

'Very much so.' I imagined she'd say, by the look of her face.