Chapter 33: Little Secrets

BRIT TERMS:

boot- the trunk of a car

Ai- yes, or like agreeing to something

----------------------------------------------

<ELIZA'S POV>

"Remember, this stays between me and you." I say sternly. I'm still new to this trusting thing but Wesley hasn't given me a reason not to. He wont tell.

"Have I ever before?" He smiles sweetly, but with somber eyes. "You should know that by now." Wesley says and wraps his hand around mine tenderly.

"But Elly, we're going to have to tell him sooner or later." He says on a more serious note. "Its kind of important."

"I know, I just... I don't know how to tell him. Give me more time."

"Okay." He sighs. "But when you're ready, I'll be there right beside you." He promises and gives me a gentle squeeze.

"Quit acting like my knight already." I say jokingly.

"Cant help it ma'lady." He winks. "I care about you too much."

"Whatever." Louis should be done getting changed. I wanted to catch him before he leaves so we could talk. He doesn't know that Gabriel's still dropping me off, at least for today since I didn't have a ride. I could've just asked Wesley for one, but I don't know if Louis's told them. I wouldn't want Wesley to give away too much information and ruin everything. He would force me to confess then and it'd turn into a whole new problem.

Louis was quick to find a hiding place for us earlier when we ran off; he probably doesn't want anyone to know yet. Thats slightly disappointing yet relieving. I was hoping he'd parade the news around but thats unrealistic. Louis has a reputation to uphold and I respect that. To his friends, we're still enemies; and a one time shag. The only one who knows about his confession is me, Gabriel, and that one teacher he was with. He looked familiar but I cant remember where I've seen him outside of school.

"We should get going." I say quietly and take my hand from him. He tries to mask his frown with a smile as he tucks it back in his pocket, but I catch it in time.

"Yeah.." He says solemnly. "So um, who's taking you home? Gabriel, yeah?"

I nod as we begin walking to the lot.

"I think he may be here already." He has a thing for being punctual. Gabriel was actually the one to text me earlier and asked if he could drive me home. I was suspicious until he gave me good reasoning, reviving my theory that Louis wants to keep us on the down low. So it isn't just all in my head.

"Well, just so you know, you could always ride with me?" He offers again. "Its not like its going out of the way."

"No thanks." I'm sure he's a great driver and what not but I don't think I could handle being in the car with all three of them again. Last time couldn't have been more awkward. Of course I know them more now, and being next to Louis wouldn't necessarily be a bother, but I rather not.

We reach the hedge and I pull out my mobile to see that I've been left some messages. One from Gabriel and two from Noah and my mum. I ignore the ones from home and open Gabriel's.

"I'll be in the usual spot." It reads. "And I'd still like to have that talk."

I mentally sigh. I was hoping for a quiet ride home. It was juvenile to think that after such a day.

"Somethin' wrong?" Wesley inquires. Why is he still here? He should've gone to his car by now, Louis could be out any minute.

"No. See ya tomorrow." I say shortly, and turn to face the locker rooms. They're all starting to come out. My pulse quickens with anxiousness when I see Louis's shaggy hair in the distance. The guilt is trying to surface and Wesley being here is making it more apparent. Why cant he just limp away already!