Chapter 13: Full Moon

Kade's POV

I get in my car after dance, wanting to just drive as fast as I can to get to the pack house because tonight was the full moon, which means someone's getting lucky tonight... for the first time. I woke up this morning to Joey kissing my neck and grinding against me so he was forced to stay home by his parents because none of us wanted me getting fucked in the school bathroom.

After everything that happened with my dad, I was grounded for one weekend, but my dad never brought up what I said to Mom or me and I assumed that he just moved on from it. But I had decided to stay away for a bit because if I was with him for too long, I would probably say something I would regret or Emilie would bring it up. So whenever I went home, I hung out with my mom and sister, but once my dad comes in, I make an excuse that I'm going to bed or going to shower.

I pull into the dirt road and stop at the gate where the guards give me a soft smile. The guy standing there with a gun slung over his shoulder holds a clipboard along with a walkie talkie. "Hello, Kade, you here to see Joey?"

"Yes, sir," I tell him as he writes something on the clipboard before picking up the walkie talkie to switch the station to probably the quarter house.

"Kade is here for Joey, can I send him through?" The guy asks, giving me a soft smile. "I'm sorry, but we aren't allowed to let any car that's not authorized right on through."

"Oh, no, you're perfectly fine," I tell him as we wait for someone to get to him on the talkie.

"Send him through," Joey's melodic voice comes through the system and the gate opens as the men wave at me as I drive through. I park next to the garage before getting out with my bag and walking into the house since I was explicitly told to never knock and just come on in.

As soon as I open the door, I see Lila and Conner sitting on the couch with a movie playing on the TV and when they hear the door, they look up. "Oh, hey, how was your day?"

I set my bag on the ground since I know we were going to be leaving to go to the apartment for the night because Lila and Conner were staying here while Melissa and Cody were going to her house. I just think it's so weird that they're all so okay with talking about sex and stuff when they're family and stuff, but I guess it was a werewolf thing.

"It was good, how was your day?" I ask them, walking over to the couch to lean on it as I look down at Lila who's lips perk up into a smirk.

"Oh, you know, it was pretty good," she says and I give her a disgusted face as she reaches over to grab Conner's hand, who is now shaking his head at his wife.

I chuckle. "I'll make sure to tell your son that."

Lila giggles. "You wouldn't."

"You'll never know," I tell them with a wink as I walk into Joey's bedroom where he's laying on his bed as some soccer game plays on his TV. Once he sees me, he looks up at me and I immediately see his piercing electric blue eyes staring at me.

"Hello, beautiful," he tells me as he sits up to sit on the edge of his bed and I immediately go over to sit on his lap as his arms wrap around my waist. My hand comes up and my index finger lightly runs over the skin under his eye, making his lids flutter a bit.

"Is he out to play?" I whisper to him.

"All day," he whispers, giving me a quick kiss before setting his head on my chest. My fingers start to run through his soft hair as I start to feel a small pressure on the back of my thigh and I smile, reaching down but his hand immediately grabs onto it to where I can't make contact.

"Not now, not here," he whispers, looking up at me with a small smile.

We hear a small yelp from the living room before a loud laugh and Joey rolls his eyes, setting his head against my chest again. I chuckle, giving him a soft kiss on his head. "Well, we should probably leave soon because I think your parents are getting more-"