Epilogue

Kade's POV

I was shaken awake by my husband at around 2:30 that the alarm clock says, but I turn onto my stomach, not wanting to deal with his hard dick since that was usually what he woke me up for in the middle of the night. I was shaken again, still ignoring it since he usually gave up eventually. "Kade, I know you don't want to get up, but Harper just called and she's in labor so we gotta go to the hospital."

I immediately shoot up in bed as he tells me the news and I'm instantly way too excited now that I knew that my baby boy is coming today in possibly just a few hours. Joey chuckles, throwing a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt at me as he changed into real people clothes for the first time in a few days since we've just been relaxing before we were elbows deep in diapers and formula. "Is she already at the hospital?"

He nods his head. "Yeah, it took a while for me to answer my phone because I was dead asleep. She's been there for about an hour already."

I nod my head, way too excited to even be mad that she's already been there for an hour. Our boy might be here soon! Joey and I decided that we wanted a baby about 11 months ago and we were going to do surrogacy until we heard about Harper, who had sex with an alpha wolf and accidentally got pregnant. She decided to put the baby up for adoption since she was still super young and we swooped in to offer to take them. It was a huge thing with Joey that he wanted to have a baby that had alpha genes since they would take up the position one day.

Harper was an amazing woman, who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. She didn't mean to have sex because she really wanted to wait until she met her mate, but things happen and she wasn't able to wait. When she told the alpha that she was pregnant, she was told that he wanted nothing to do with the baby and she was to take care of 'it' by herself. Once she heard that, she talked to the elders about how to deal with adoption since the baby had to go to wolves and that's when Elder Collins told us about some girl from another pack that was pregnant with a genetic alpha.

We'd been very close with Harper throughout her entire pregnancy and we even asked her to pick the baby's middle name because she had gifted us with a baby that we never thought we would have so soon. She has been wonderful with dealing with us since we really wanted to be hands-on with our baby and she even said that we could be in the delivery room, but Joey and I decided not to since we thought that was way too overbearing.

I finish getting dressed, grabbing the diaper bag that we packed about a month ago before following Joey out of our bedroom. He walks to the kitchen to quickly grab a travel mug before handing it to me. When I smell that it's coffee, I almost attack him to tell him thank you for thinking about my addiction so early in the morning.

"I love you, thank you," I tell him, taking a sip, promptly burning my tongue, but it was so worth it. We rush out the house to get into Joey's car, speeding towards the hospital that was a 30 minutes drive away. I see the note on the coffee table that Joey probably wrote to tell everyone that we were going to the hospital and they can come by whenever they wake up. Since it might take hours before our boy's delivered, we don't want to wake everyone up and make them rush since nothing's happened just yet.

"Are you ready?" Joey asks as he turns the radio down as he tries to keep 20 under the speed limit because the last thing we would want was to get a ticket while we were on the way to meet our baby.

I nod my head. "I've been ready for six months. Our boy just hasn't wanted to come out just yet."

He chuckles, nodding his head. "I know, it's like he wanted to stay in there forever."

The past two years have been amazing but crazy. I had been taught everything about the pack and even started talking at pack meetings about things that I had thought of since Joey really wanted everyone to know that I wasn't just sitting there doing nothing while he and Cody did everything. Melissa had done the same because we both needed something to focus on since we no longer had school to cure our boredom.