Chapter 25: Isaac

Kade's POV

On Monday morning the next week, Joey and I are both feeling good and our wounds were almost completely healed. It still ached when I moved the wrong way, but we've been out of school for about a week now and we definitely needed to go back before we had too much makeup work that it would just consume us. Joey and I walked into school with our hands intertwined as people stared at us, probably gossiping about how we were back together again.

We walked into English where Cody and Melissa were already sitting at the table along with Tyler, who had actually come by the quarter house this week to check up on me since I hadn't been at school since the rogue attack. She stayed for dinner and she was now a pretty good friend to everyone, especially Melissa because she finally had another girl friend in the group.

Joey and I sat down at the table where I immediately crossed my arms on the table to set my head on them. Everyone chuckled a bit at how dramatic I was as Joey ran his fingers through my hair on the back of my head as I hummed in appreciation. I reached over to set my hand on his shoulder as I turn my head to give him a soft smile.

"Well, good morning, boys," Melissa says to us, making the rest of the table chuckle lightly.

"It's too early," I say with a groan as the warning bell rings to tell the students still in the halls to get to class as soon as possible.

Joey's hand ran from my head down to my back to run his fingers over my spine that sends chills throughout my body, jerking my body up into a sitting position as I glare at him. He holds his hands up in surrender as he gives me the most innocent look he can muster up at the moment.

"How're you feeling?" Tyler asks as I stretch back in my chair, wincing slightly when I twist my torso too much.

I nod my head. "I'm okay, it still hurts, but it's not too bad anymore."

Joey reaches down to grab my coffee cup that's sitting next to my bookbag on the floor before setting it in front of me. I look at him with so much appreciation for reminding me that I brought my love with me to school today and when I take a sip of it, it's like I'm in heaven. I lean back in my seat, holding the travel mug to my chest as I let my eyes drift close to savor the taste.

"You're so weird," Melissa said, lightly kicking me under the table as I chuckle before setting my head against Joey's shoulder to get comfortable when the teacher walks in as the final bell rings throughout the school.

At lunch, I'm even more tired than I was this morning and as we sit at the table with Tyler, Cody, and Melissa, I have my leg swung over Joey's leg as I lay my head on his shoulder to get my eyes away from the harsh lights that were starting to give me a massive headache.

During the rest of the table's conversation, I hear this soft voice speak that I don't think I've ever heard before. "Hey, Tyler, do you mind if I sit here?"

I look up to see a cute boy with dark, curly hair wearing some khaki pants and a white and black striped sweater while holding a soft smile as he looks at everyone at the table before back at Tyler, who turns to the rest of us for confirmation. Cody nods his head. "Yeah, of course."

Tyler smiles, moving over to make room for him at the table as he sits down to look around at all of us with a nervous look. "This is Isaac, one of my best friends."

"Hey, I'm Cody," he says, waving at him as he takes a drink from his water as we all go around the table to introduce ourselves to this extremely nervous boy that seems to be running his hands on his pants under the table.

I give him a soft smile as I introduce myself before leaning up to be right next to Joey's ear as he leans over as he notices what I'm doing. "Is he a wolf?"