Chapter 3: Football

Kade's POV

Melissa and I sit on the bleachers as the cold air rushes over our faces while the guys in tight, white pants run around with the ball shaped like an eye while they followed the rules that I had no idea how to even understand them. I had my arm wrapped around Melissa's shoulder since her hoodie was thinner than she had expected since cold was not what the weathermen had predicted for tonight.

I'm confused with myself because the first day in the parking lot I was scared for my life, but now, it's like I'm in love with this man. I can't understand how one person could change my mind so much to make me feel so unbelievably attracted to them.

I was literally only here for Joey because I hate sports so much. Don't tell Joey that, but I don't understand anything that was going on as I watched them pass the ball through their legs. I don't understand why they kicked it through the goal thing that just looked like a pitchfork missing one tong.

"I could, literally, fall asleep right now," I told Melissa as I put my hands in my lap and set my head on her shoulder while the crowd was cheering as one of the guys ran with the ball towards the pitchfork.

"Me too," she whispered, setting her head on top of my head. "thankfully, it's almost over."

I looked at the bright clock that was painted red, the school color, with white LED numbers and letters for anyone within a three mile radius to see. "It says three minutes, that could mean ten."

She laughed at me as she pulled her sleeves down to cover her hands that were now shaking due to the cold. "Yeah, yeah, just be patient, dumbass."

Fifteen minutes later, we stood in front of the locker rooms, waiting for Cody and Joey to change and come out. I know that we won, but I don't know what the score even was. Melissa was wrapped in my arms as she shivered against my chest.

"I'm never coming to another football game," she whispered.

I chuckled, tightening my arms around her to help her get even warmer. I looked up as I heard the locker room door open and I saw our two boys walking out with duffel bags hanging from their shoulders. Joey's hair was an absolute mess and he reeked of sweat and Axe cologne.

"Hey," they said to us as they come closer. Cody gives me a grateful smile as I shift her into his arms where she can shiver against his chest instead of mine. As soon as she felt her boyfriend's arms, her smile widened and she snuggled against him.

"I-I'm never coming to another football game," she whispers to him and I watch as he rubs his arms up-and-down her back with a small smile while he looks down at her.

"That's alright, I can deal with that," he says with a soft smile.

Melissa cleared her throat, looking up at Joey. "Do you mind taking Kade home? I'll probably leave my car here until Monday so Cody can drive me home."

Joey looked over at me before nodding his head. "Yeah, I can take him home."

We all said bye to each other as Joey guided me to his matte black Lexus that looks like the most expensive car I have ever seen in all my life. Once he sees my shocked expression, he laughs as he wraps his arm around my shoulder. "You like it?"

"Uh, it looks super expensive and I'm shocked that you haven't told me about it. Don't most guys brag about their cars?" I ask him while he opens up the passenger side door for me to get in. The seats are a black leather that's so comfortable that I could sleep here forever and there are buttons everywhere that make me want to push them, even though I know I shouldn't.