Chapter 32: Training

Kade's POV

As Joey and I walk into school, I reach out to grab his hand as we walk towards my locker where Tyler and Isaac were talking together, probably waiting for us to get here.

"Hey, guys," Joey said to them as he held my hand tightly in his.

"Hey," Tyler said with a small wave while also stopping herself from bouncing up-and-down with excitement since it's been quite awhile since we've seen each other because I kinda threw myself into my school work that I missed and haven't really focused on anything else.

"How are you cheerful on a Monday?" I ask, leaning back against the lockers as they all chuckle.

They chuckle as I lean my head against the locker I was standing next to. Joey leaned down and placed his hand on the back of my neck before pulling my lips towards his in a soft kiss. "I have to go talk to my math teacher, I'll see you later."

He walked away with a smile, catching up with some of his friends that had just walked in the door. I look over at my friends, who both had smirks settled on their face that immediately made my cheeks flush. "What?"

Tyler smiled, running one hand through her hair. "You're happy."

I nod my head with a small chuckle. "I'm very happy."

They both awe, making some people look over at us in confusion before I scoff and push them towards our class to try to get away from the stares that we were being given from random people. Once we sat down at our desks and saw the assignments written on the whiteboard, I knew that this would be a very, very long day.

At lunchtime, I was walking towards the cafeteria with glee because I haven't been able to see Joey throughout the day because he had failed a test and had been getting to his classes early to study before the last block.

I flinched when I felt someone wrap their arm around my shoulder in a buddy kind of way and from no tingles, I realized that it was definitely not my mate but some dude that reeked of Axe cologne. I looked up and noticed that there were four guys walking next to me along with the guy who had thought we were friends with his arm wrapped around me.

I tried to push him off, but he wouldn't budge as he pushed me out of the direction of the cafeteria. I tried to push him away again, but my hands were forced down by one of the other guys and a hand went around my mouth to stop me from screaming. They pulled me into a bathroom that's usually pretty empty, which meant that no one would probably come to save me anytime soon.

"Why're you doing this?" I asked when they shoved me onto the floor to stare up at their ugly smirks. As they looked down at me, I finally got a good look at their faces and realized that I knew who these guys were. One of them was one of the guys that was in the fight that Joey and Cody had to break up in the pack about a week ago. Which meant they wanted one thing – revenge.

Joey had told me that they were ordered to help out at the pack hospital for a few weeks as their consequences for starting a fight in the courtyard. I guess they weren't too happy for acting out like this, especially hurting an alpha.

He took a step towards me, which made me coward in on myself as fear ran through my whole body. He chuckled with an evil grin on his face as he kept moving towards me until he was in my face. "I don't really like this new boy that the Alpha has chosen to bring into to help run the pack. He seems like a bit of a coward."

But this was my pack, the pack I was helping run, which meant I had to take ownership for Joey and me when he's not here to speak for both of us. "If you don't like it, then you're more than welcome to leave."