Chapter 9: Attack

Kade's POV

After eating at the dining room table with everyone, I realized how close all of them were by the inside jokes that I didn't understand. The food was amazing, but the fact that Joey never let go of my hand was even better because for about 20 minutes, those damn sparks ran through my body that brought me ultimate bliss.

"We were going to watch a movie, wanna join?" Conner asked his son once we had put our dishes in the sink. I noticed the way Joey was tightening his grip on mine every few minutes and realized that it was his wolf by the way his eyes swirl between hazel and electric blue.

"Maybe later, we're just going to lay down for a bit. It's gotta be a bit stressful with all of this at one time," Joey says before pulling me to his room. Once the door is closed, he lightly pushes me against the wall next to it as his lips come down to crash against mine.

My arms wrap around his neck as I feel the roughness in the kiss and the way he holds my waist against his. He groans against my lips when he slams my back against the wall and it arches, pushing our groins together even more.

I push him away, suddenly realizing that his parents are just one door away. He looks down at me with his beautiful electric eyes, making me want to continue but knowing that I shouldn't. "We can't."

He nods his head, walking to his bed while he tries to calm himself down. I notice the way his eyes are constantly shifting between colors, telling me that he was battling with his inner wolf for control. I sit next to him on the very comfortable bed, setting my head on his shoulder.

"Are you doing okay? I know that this is a lot, especially in just two days time," he asks, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"I'm okay, I'm just very tired," I tell him as I shut my eyes.

He pulls me down into his bed and I realize how big it actually is. It seems like you can fit like eight people on this thing and it not even be too crowded. I curl myself around him so I can lay my head on his chest to feel his heartbeat against the side of my face. He puts on Friends since that seems to be the show we always watch together. After about 15 minutes of him running his hands through my hair, I fall into a much needed sleep.

I wake up to hear yelling and someone wrapping their arms around me to pick me up. From the sparks, I realize that it's my boyfriend and I start to freak out because that's how everyone sounds.

"What's going on?" I whisper, holding onto Joey's neck before he sets me down gently on the soft couch. I open my eyes to see his worried look and I immediately wake up because something serious is going on.

He kneels in front of me as I see Cody kiss Melissa before running out the front door. "Listen to me, everything will be fine, I promise you. Just stay here with Melissa and my mom and don't move. I'll be back when I can, okay?"

"Wait, what's going on?" I ask again as he gives me a rough kiss before running out with his father. I can hear screams and howls from outside before I look over at Lila who just watched her two boys walk out into whatever was happening.

Melissa reached over and grabbed my hand. "There's a rogue pack entering into the camp and them and the guards have to push them back before something bad happens to anyone else in the pack."

I try to stand up because he just ran into a small war basically where there is a probability that he could actually die, but Melissa pulls me down while Lila stands up to probably guard the door if I do happen to get away somehow. "Kade, you can't go out there, it's dangerous."

"What if something happens? What're we supposed to do? Just sit here?" I ask, feeling devastated at everything that just happened.

"We can't do anything, but trust me, if there was anything we could do, we would in a heartbeat. We have to sit here and wait and hope for the best," Melissa tells me and I sink down to put my head in her lap as Lila sits on the other side of the sectional before pulling a blanket over her legs.