Chapter 7: Texts

Joey's POV

Kade and I laid in bed with the TV playing Friends since that's our show that we always watched when we were about to go to sleep. After we ate the food, we watched a movie that we ended up not watching because we just made out the whole time.

"So do you have like amazing hearing?" Kade asked as he turned to face me while my hand kept moving through his hair because it was a good way to help him fall asleep.

"Yeah, we can hear things from a mile away when we're in wolf form, but it's not too much better when we're still humans unless it's our mate," I tell him. He's been asking questions all night to get more information about all of this.

"What makes it different between mates and a regular couple?" He asks, making my heart flutter at the fact that he was still here with me even though he had a perfect chance to leave at the sign of danger.

"Well, when we mate, I will bite the place between your neck and your shoulder and that's known as the mating mark and it makes it talk to each other through a 'mind link', as we call it."

"This is so much information," He said, setting his head against my chest and I pulled our bodies closer together to hold him against my body.

"I know, I'm sorry," I said, kissing the part of his forehead that I could see.

He lifted up his head before looking into my eyes. "Wait, what about your eyes?"

"What about them?"

"They change from your normal hazel color to an electric blue," he said, surprising me that he had already given a name as to what he thought the color was. I got neon blue, bright blue, but never electric and I loved it.

"Oh, yeah. They get like that when my wolf has more control than usual, that's why on the full moon my eyes usually are only their blue color. He's more in control at the time."

"He?"

"I am my wolf side, but only when I want to or when I lose control," I tell him.

"Can you control your wolf side?"

"It really depends on the situation. Sometimes I can't because of different reasons. Sometimes it's because I'm too mad or I let my wolf have control or whatever else."

"So you can hurt me without being in control?" He asked and I could tell that he was slightly scared as was I that he was evening thinking that. I know I'm a predator, but he's my mate, I would never even think about hurting him in anyway.

"Absolutely not. He and I will do everything to protect you from anything and everything," I tell him as seriously as that statement was because the last thing I would ever do was hurt him in some way. "you'll soon be the most protected person in Virginia."

"What do you mean?"

"Our school knows about us because we came out as a couple, but not everyone in the pack knows. They know not to tell other pack members about my life, so when we tell the pack, together, then they will be protecting you because you'll be their alpha as well," I tell him, bringing back memories when a few weeks ago, we proudly walked through the school with our hands together to show off my first and only relationship with a boy that I truly cared about.

I could see how sleepy he looked, probably from all the stress that I've put him through today. I held him close to me as my fingers ran through his hair as he sighed in contentment while he snuggled close to my chest. It didn't take too long for him to pass out while I thought about all the possibilities of what could have happened tonight and I had to force those thoughts out of my head before trying to fall asleep as well.