Chapter 33: Taken

Kade's POV

"Camping?" I asked with a disgusted look on the couch next to Joey, who looked so excited by the news that Conner had just given us. I looked over at Melissa and she also looked extremely excited by the prospect of going camping, which confused me because she was the one person that I expected to agree with me about this whole thing.

"What do you mean we're going camping? Isn't it dangerous with the rogues trying to get us?" Cody asked, holding Melissa's hands in his who seemed to be almost shaking with excitement.

"The camping grounds that we go to are werewolf only. They mask it as a VIP camping site and you have to be on a list to get in when in reality, you just have to be a wolf. It's protected by guards around a fence they put in a few years ago. We go camping every year for the elders to come observe the pack when we're not here, so we're basically being forced out anyways," Conner said.

"So there's no ways that rogues could get to us?" Joey asked.

His dad shook his head. "There's always a way that rogues could get to us, but this place is protected by guards. I don't think we have much to worry about. Anyways, they're still lying low since there's now more than one pack after them."

About a week ago, the same rogue pack that had been attacking us went after one of the neighboring packs. Since then, we've created an alliance with them and their elders assigned to them to track down the pack and end all of this, once and for all. I don't know too much about the other pack, but I know they wanted blood.

"Is it just us going?" Melissa asked, motioning to everyone in the house.

Lila shook her head. "No, we invited Tyler, Isaac, and Oliver to come. Elder Collins said that he would love to come but he has to stay back with the other elders to do the yearly pack check."

"And I just got word that Luna and some of her friends will be joining us," Conner said, checking his phone. Joey looked up at his father in confusion.

"Luna's coming? You mean, my friend from middle school?" He asked and I was immediately amused because if this girl was coming, then I would get to hear embarrassing stories of Joey in middle school. This whole camping trip might not be too bad after all.

Conner nodded his head. "Yeah, apparently, she's an ally with the Spirit Mountain pack," the other pack that had been attacked by the rogues. "and we recently connected since they're working together. We'll probably be seeing a lot of her, so it's best we catch up."

"Why haven't I heard about this?" Joey snaps at his father and I turn to him, not expecting for him to be angry about catching up with an old friend.

"I only just heard about it two hours ago, I didn't think it was too big of a deal to tell you privately," his father said, also confused. I watch as Joey stands up and walks into our bedroom where he basically slams his door. I look up at his parents to see their confused looks.

"What was that about?" I ask and they shrug their shoulders, trying to figure out what could've possibly happened between him and his childhood friend that would mess him up so badly. I get up from the couch and walk to our room, needing to know what was so bad about this girl.

When I step into the room, I see Joey sitting in his desk chair as he angrily scribbles unreadable letters on his paper. He doesn't even look at me when I come in, so I lean against the desk before quickly snatching the pen from his grasp. He looks up at me with a pissed off look before it softens when he sees my concerned face staring down at him.

"Are we going to talk about what that was about?" I whisper, setting the pen down on the desk before crossing my arms to look at him as he runs a hand through his hair. He leans back in the desk chair, letting out a sigh.