In Love With A Girl

I was awoke by my hair getting played with. I just made a noise of pleasure. I loved my hair played with. It was being twirled around through their fingers. Their nails slightly grazed my scalp and I was in complete happiness. Then I realized who the hell is touching my head? My head shot up quickly trying to see what is going on. The sun was going coming from behind me lighting up the room. My eyes adjusted to the bright and I looked around the room till I came around to Nikki who's eyes were open and her hand was now on mine. My eyes got wide. I blinked a few times seeing if I wasn't day dreaming but she was the only one in the room. She was awake and played with my hair. The tube was still in her throat but she wasn't freaking out.

"Baby!" I said all excited and full of joy. "I'ma get the doctor. You're awake. They need to get that tube out. I'm so glad your okay. I am just gonna. I missed you so much." I said going back and forth between telling her I miss her and love her to  getting the doctor. I stood up. "Just stay relaxed." I said rushing out of the room and finding the first nurse I was. "My wife's awake!" She looked at me and nodded. She went up to the desk.

They had to call in the doctor and they checked her out. They said they were going to be able to take the tubes out. They explained to her she was going to have to breathe on her own when they did. They also said it would hurt to talk and be hard for her. They said when it was out everything else would be explained and she would just have to relax for them to get it out. She was very cooperative. I was in the room  to the back when they removed it. They told her to breath. I heard her heart rate go up a little. Then the doctor looked back at me and smiled.
When they cleaned her up a little and made sure everything was okay they were able to get her water when everything was alright. When I walked up to her she had a huge smile on her face. She lifted her arms slowly like they were heavy and had them up for me to hug her. I easily did and she put her grip around me as tight as she could. I had to stay soft with her because she was fragile at the moment. Her head buried into my neck. My face was touching the back of her head. I lead tears slide down. My baby was alive and awake. She was finally back with me.
We pulled away and our hands stayed holding each others. She noticed I had tears that had fallen and she took away one of her hands to wipe them away. The doctor stayed in the room. He said that he would give her a little bit to relax and get comfortable being able to breathe on her own. He wanted her to be alright when all the news was spilled upon her. He said he would be back in ten minutes. I sat down next to her bedside and kept one of her hands in mine. She kept her eyes upon me. She didn't even care to look around her room. I couldn't keep my eyes off her either. This is the first time in months I see her moving on her own, her smile planted on her face, and her green eyes staring into my brown eyes.
When the doctor came back in he was going through everything that happened. He told her it was going to be heart breaking and if it was too much more can be explained later. She is pretty weak for being out for quite some time. She sat through the whole thing though. She did cry hearing about the baby was no longer around. I was going to have to explain we had a funeral. We couldn't wait too long to have one either. I was going to tell her everything that went on. They were going to keep her for a little while till her strength came back, and they knew her stomach was alright enough to eat what she would be able to get at home. When the doctor left we sat there in silence. I looked up at her and she was playing with my wedding ring.

"Are you alright after hearing all that?" I asked her. She looked over at me.
"Not really." Her very scratchy hoarse voice said. I just rubbed her hand.
"You have no clue how everyone missed you. When I mean everyone I mean family and friend and fans." She smiled. "I'll fill you in more about all the other stuff but lets keep it happy for the rest of today okay?" She nodded. "So, you want me to call my mom so she can bring the boys?" She looked at me weird then nodded. "My mom has been around helping me out while you were gone for the month." Her eyes got wide.
"A month?"
"Yes baby. When he said we almost lost you we did. You were not doing so well for about two to three weeks. You slowly progressed and this past week it was like you were a speed racer fighting to get to the finish line and be out of here." She tried to giggle but coughed. I handed her the water and she drank some. "Let me call my mom, I'll text Blake and tell him to let everyone else know you're alright. " She smiled at me. I called my mom and told her everything. She said she would bring the boys right over. "The boys are going to be ecstatic. You should see how much of a pistol they were to try to keep calm since you been gone. I don't know what you do but Jesus woman you're super mama." She smiled wider at me.
"Cookies." She said and I laughed.
"Figures. Those boys are into their sweets."
"Like you." I just looked at her.
"Got me there, but you're the sweet that I'll always want." I saw her blush which made me smile wider. I looked at my phone and Blake replied. "Blake said he'll call everyone. Just let him know when you want visitors. He'll let today be family day." She smiled at me and nodded. "Just got to make sure the boys watch your stomach."
"Luke." She said now looking down at her stomach.
"Ya baby?"
"What happened to her?" She asked.
"She's buried baby. We couldn't wait till you woke up. I'll take you there when you're strong enough." She nodded and I put my hand under her chin to make her look at me. "Don't be too upset baby. It wasn't your fault. It was an accident. You were doing wonderful, an asshole just messed it up alright? We can always try again." She nodded. I leaned in and kissed her for the first time in a month. I felt so amazing. Her lips were surprisingly so soft.
"Can I have more?" She asked after I pulled away. I just looked at her.
"We'll ask the doctor after he checks you out tomorrow." She gave me a weak smile and nodded. "Baby, don't worry. I won't be upset if you can't. We already have two beautiful boys. We have each other. Our love is something people wish they had. The nurse even told me so." She rose her eyebrow. "She caught me talking to you when you were out. She said she wish she had what we do." She just smiled wide now.
"I love you Luke."
"I love you too Nikki. More than anything." we kissed again.

My mama arrived with the boys a little while later. They wanted to climb up but we had to make them be careful. Bo was on one side cuddled up to her side and Tate was at the other. The look on her face when she saw her boys was amazing. She looked so happy and joyful to see her boys. They looked so happy to see their mama. They told her how much they loved and missed her. They told her pa didn't give us cookies, or sign like you did. She laughed at that. We told them she can't talk so much. My ma complimented how well the boys are and how great we raised them. That sure made Nikki proud. She always told me how much she wanted to be a great mother. She turned out to be better than that.
When it was time for them to go they didn't want to leave. I told them they could come back tomorrow and see her. She needed her rest to get better and come home. That made them understand. They kissed her and then I said I'd be back. I helped my mom bring them out to my truck. I let my mom use my truck and I took Nikki's. I went back into the room and she was still awake looking at the news.
I sat back next to her and smiled. She looked at me and smiled back. A nurse came in to ask her if she wanted more water and she nodded. She even got me some chocolate milk.  She just winked at Nikki and Nikki smiled wide showing her teeth and her dimples. I didn't know what happened but I guess women communication. I started up a conversation that would definitely warm her heart.

"Wanna see these tweets about you?" She shook her head yes and I got my phone out and went on twitter. I went to a few. "See that hash tag? Thousands of people every day would ask if your okay, tell me their praying for you, send pictures of get well cards they made, of drawings, they all had hope you'd be okay and come back to earth soon. On Facebook people made videos, and did the same thing." I said going through things and showing the pictures, and videos. I looked at her and she had tears.
"So many people." She croaked out. "For me." She smiled.
"Just for you baby. For the only girl I've ever been in love with and will do anything to keep it that way." I leaned over and kissed her. I can't get enough of being able to do that. She had a huge smile. "I had an interview that talked about all of this. It was amazing. When it first happened I didn't think people finding out would give this much attention to it. I hardly even talked out about it. People just found things out. I guess people care so much to be in our lives and care enough about our safety." She nodded and smiled. "With Buck Commander we are doing this episode for people to be careful what season they're hunting and what they can use when their hunting. Educational episode. It's to make people realize that they shouldn’t' go against rules because something bad can happen. If you're well enough we were thinking since you're a good hunter, you could be the 1st lady for buck commander and you can be a spokes person for that episode. If you're up to it." Her eyes lit up and she smiled.
"I'd be happy to."
"Good. Here let me show you some things the boys did. I took pictures but you can touch them when you get home." I said starting to show her more on my phone.

We went on half the night and ended up falling asleep on each other. I am in love with that woman and I wouldn't want it any other way.

____________

I couldn't wait to update so here it is! Also I don't know if I'll be able to update in the next few days or not. 10 votes is still going to be the mark. I hope everyone enjoyed this. What do you think is going to happen after this? What is Nikki going to say or do about her losing the baby? What's Luke going to do about touring? Will Nikki and luke try to have anymore kids? Keep reading to find out.

Thank you all!

- Pup