Play It Again

We have been on his father's farm for a few days now and Luke has his father watching the kids. His mother was out doing something. Luke has been acting different for the past two days. I know he is hiding something but I don't want to ruin this vacation. It was nice to be able to do this even though I personally think that stuff is bothering everyone but the boys and I.
Luke and I were out to dinner. We were waiting for out food and everything was quiet. He didn't try to talk or anything. He normally is talkative or at least flirtatious still with me. I sighed and looked down. He noticed because he asked a question.

"What's wrong sweetheart?" Luke asked concerned.
"Nothing's wrong with me. Everyone is acting different. There is some kind of atmosphere around people that makes everything tense being around." Luke just looked at me in the eyes and I could tell he wanted to tell me something. He was quiet for a minute. He then looked down and ran his hand through his hair. He shook his head then looked up at me.
"Papa told me that him and mama have filed for a divorce." I was shocked. They always seemed so happy. What happened? So this is what is going on with everyone. Luke looked upset because his parents who have been together longer than he has been alive are getting a divorce.
"Oh my. You got told after we got here didn't you?" I asked he nodded. "Why?" He shrugged.
"Papa just said that they aren't the people they use to be. It's neither of their faults. They just aren't meant for each other anymore. That is what he told me." He looked down.
"You don't think it's your fault right?" I asked him. He shook his head no.
"He told me it isn't my fault either. He said mama and him were not meant to be for the rest of their lives. I never saw this coming. I don't know if he did either. He didn't seem too happy because they are going to move away. He is selling the business. He is retiring. Mama wants to move to Nashville. Papa wants to stay here. I told him I'll help as much as I can. He told me he wants to do it all on his own. He said just make sure I take care of mama." I nodded. This was a lot to process.
"Have her move in with us till she finds a nice house for herself." He looked up and smiled.
"That's a great idea. I think you're the smart one out of us." I giggled.
"I think I just think of things faster. You're pretty damn smart yourself there Mr. Bryan." I winked. He smirked.
"Mrs. Bryan, I believe that we are both very smart but you're sexier than I." I shook my head with a smile.
"I don't have thousands or millions of people gawking over me shaking my ass." He chuckled.
"You could if you danced on stage with me. My guy fans would want you but feel like my girl fans that know they can't get any of this." He said pointing down.
"All this is for all you." I winked sliding my hands down my side. He growled and I did back at him.
"We better quit before we don't eat." We both laughed and agreed with what he said.

We finished up our dinner and got out of there. He drove us to the place that he has only ever showed me. It is where we said I love you and had an amazing time. He parked and helped me out. We stayed out for a little bit until he went to his truck and turned the music on. Songs were playing while we danced and enjoyed just being together. It was peaceful and beautiful. After having kids it's hard to really get these types of peaceful days. I love my kids to death but sometimes you do need to have that one or two nights with your man, to be cute, cuddle up, dance, hug, and be the only two around each other.
Luke twirled me around to some songs and then we ended up just laughing and we were leaning against his truck. I looked into his eyes and he looked into mine. I smirked and then he did. We then got in the truck and started making out like we were teenagers. Clothes started to get taken away from our bodies till we were naked and I was on top of him. Before anything started he pulled me in for a kiss that was so passionate. It was so amazing.

"I love you, forever and ever, till the end of time itself. No matter what happens we will work it through. My love will never fade." Luke said while looking into my eyes. I smiled at him.
"I love you too Thomas Luther Bryan. You are my forever and always. You're the only man I've ever loved, ever been with, and ever will be with. You've made all my dreams come true. No matter what happens, I'll be by your side." He smiled and kissed me again.

Then we made love in his truck. When everything was done, the windows were completely fogged. We were panting. My forehead rested on his as we both smiled and held onto each other. I got off of him and we both got our clothes back on. He rolled down the windows to let some air in and turned the truck on. A song came on that I loved. I turned the volume all the way up and sang it out loud. I looked over to see Luke smiling wide and chuckling at me. The sound ended and I pouted.

"Play it again!" I told him.
"Baby that’s the radio." He told me. I huffed. I loved that song. I crossed my arms then looked at the time.
"We should head back. Your dad is probably up to his neck with those boys."
"They're a handful." Luke told me. I nodded and smiled. We were on our way back and about 5 minutes from home when the song came on a different station.
"THIS IS SO MY SONG!" I said dancing and singing it again. Luke shook his head with a smile on his face. As we pulled in the driveway it ended. "That's the one I've wanted you to hear but kept forgetting the name of it." He smiled at me and kissed me before we got out.

We got into the house and the boys were playing nicely with their pawpaw. Luke and I sat down and his father looked over at us and smiled. He raised his eye brows and both of us looked at each other and then back at him. Then we got what he was doing. We laughed and Luke put his thumb up. I slapped his arm and he laughed harder. I rolled my eyes and blushed.
Mama Bryan soon came home and everyone was in the living room. The boys were getting tired and Tate was trying to climb onto my lap. I watched him and giggled. He noticed it was at him and he sat on the floor and acted like he was going to cry. He was cranky. I bent over and picked him up and hummed him a tune. I rocked him back and forth too. When he fell asleep I looked over at Luke who was watching the TV. He looked over at me and saw Tate sleeping and smiled.
I laid my head on Luke's shoulder. I was trying to watch the TV but sleep overcame me and I soon fell asleep. I woke up to having covers put over me. I noticed it was Luke who must have carried me up here and put Tate to sleep. I looked up at him and smiled. He was already in his sleeping clothes. He came into bed and cuddled me. Before I fell asleep I heard him say I'll never stop loving you, and I'll never leave.
We woke up the next day and hung around his parents. His father went off to do some farm work. Tater wanted to go so bad because of Harvest Time. We let them go off while Bo stayed around us. Luke decided to talk to his mom with me around about the divorce.
The conversation went pretty well. She seemed like she was going to cry a little bit. I let her know that we would be more than happy to let her stay with us until she finds the right house for her in Nashville. She thanked us and said she was going to help around the house as much as she could. That then gave Luke the idea that I go with him for spring break and his mama stays with the boys. She said she would be more than happy to do that.
When Tommy got back I decided to take the boys into another room while they all let him know what was going on. It took them a little while to talk but I didn't mind. The boys and I were having fun. They were acting like animals towards each other. It was cute.
Another day went buy and then it was our last day. Luke and I were out for a lunch date then picking up a u-hall so we could get his mama's things and take her with us. Luke and I finished out lunch and were heading out to the 32 bridge. He took me out on a boat. He brought his guitar and two fishing poles. We went fishing for a little bit. I was baiting my hook and casted it. I was looking away from him when I heard him strum his guitar. I looked over at him and he had this cheesy smile.

"Why are you smiling like that Mr. Bryan?" I asked smiling right back at him.
"Because baby. I'm out with you, at my favorite bridge, doing my favorite hobby, minus making love to you of course." He said with a wink and I giggled. "And I'm going to sing to you." I smiled and blushed. He singing just for me always made me blushes and feels so important to him.

I let him go and he strummed a little bit. I had my rod in my hand. Then I heard those cords play. My eyes lit up and I looked right at his. Then he started to sing the song and my heart fluttered. It sounded so much better coming out of his mouth. Even though this song was by Auburn and it’s a chick it's still cute that he is singing it. A perfect two is exactly what we are.

"You can be peanut butter to my jelly. You can be the butterfly feel in my belly. You can be the captain and I can be your first mate." My smile was so wide hearing. He kept going and when it said the word boy he changed it to girl. "We're the perfect two." I swayed back and forth listening to him. He changed up more lyrics so it fit for him singing to me. I kept looking into his eyes as he sang to me. I felt like crying happy tears. "Baby me and you, we're the perfect two." he ended it and I instantly leaned over to him so I could kiss him. He kissed back and I couldn't help but let a tear fall.

"Luke, my song!" I said sitting back down grabbing my rod. He put the guitar down and smiled.
"I had to change it up a little just for you."
"It' sounded 10 times better and especially since you sang it."
"Thanks baby. How about we go back and help with packing. I don't feel as if we…." He started to say but then I felt a big pull on my rod.
"I got something!" I said in excitement.

I pulled up a huge fish and it was a keeper. We only caught one and it wouldn't be enough. I frowned knowing we would throw it back it. Luke got a picture to prove I did catch it then we let it go. We headed back to the house. We walked in holding hands and the boys ran up to us. Luke picked up Bo and I got Tate. I looked over at Luke and he looked over at me and smiled. This was such a perfect family.