I See You

~Nikki's Point Of View~

I was sitting on the couch really feeling bummed. Luke went off to tour about two weeks ago. He has called me nonstop but it still isn't the same. Since he told me he might want to end his career to be home, everything has been better than before. He did cancel the next tour just to be home and he went off twice to do a miniature show. He also did interviews and meetings but it was nothing like when he is on tour. I'm really missing him more than before.
I have been dreaming a lot about him and day dreaming. I also have been watching a lot of the country music channel we have on the TV. The twins are now able to stand and walk so it's been a bunch of months. Bo and Tate are going to school in September because Luke and I had talked about it and both agreed it would be a great idea. I am just letting them relax this summer and be boys.
Tate has been less of an attention seeker since Luke was home for a long while. Luke hasn't even snapped at him and Tate realizes that. Tate still gets into random mishaps, but you'd expect that from him. I enjoy when he does because sometimes it is funny. Especially the paint incident that happened while I was off to Miranda's with Bryson and Bailee. It was a little play date for the kids since Tyler is crawling around.

~Flashback~

I was just about to head back to the house when Luke called.

"Hey baby." I said smiling into the phone. I couldn't wait to get back to my husband.
"Hey Baby girl. Um, before you come home brace yourself." He told me. I raised my eye brow. Something is up. He didn't sound worried. He sounded more like he was trying not to laugh so I knew it was nothing that serious.
"What did the boys do now?" I asked giggling a little. Miranda looked at me and rolled her eyes. She has no clue how bad it can get.
"There is paint. EVERYWHERE. When I say everywhere I mean all over the table, floor, chair, and the boys faces and their hair." Luke told me.  I laughed as he started to then you heard Bo in the background giggling. "It's not funny Bo! You two are in some serious trouble. Just wait till mama get's home and has to see this. She won't trust us men alone!" Luke told him and I laughed some more.
"Well I am guessing you need help cleaning them up?" I asked.
"Nope. I got them. Hopefully by time you get back, I'll have most of the paint cleaned. Be warned, it is on the sofa. Be happy we have hard wood floor in the living room now. Anyway I have the video to show you. Let me clean them up and the paint so you don't have to. Love you so much baby. Bye!"
"Bye Love you too." I said. I shook my head.

I told Miranda about it briefly and she laughed her ass off. She helped me with the twins and when I had them buckled up. I hugged her and said she should come by with Tyler, and Blake before Luke leaves for tour. She agreed and then I was off.
When I got home, Luke had paint on his shirt when he opened the door. I just smiled and him and leaned in giving him a kiss. He gave me one then the twins. I didn't hand them over because I didn't want him getting them dirty. I looked into the living room and he probably got most of it cleaned up minus the couch. I huffed at that.

"Boys are in their rooms cleaned, and grounded. I fed them dinner, which was hot dogs. They know they can only leave the room to use the bathroom or if something is wrong like normal. I'm gonna try to do the best with the couch. I think I might just get a new one so we can remodel." He smiled. He knew I've wanted to remodel the living room so bad.
"Remolding sounds better. Just get cleaned up. I'm going to wash and change the twins."
"Oh, when we get in bed, I'm going to show you the video of the boys." I smiled.

We did what we had to do and then I ate left over's in the fridge before going to get my shower and in bed. Luke was already there and ready to show me the video. It was hilarious. The boys had it all over their faces and shirts. Bo blamed it mostly on Tate because he knew it was wrong. Tate looked so upset and unknowing on what to really say. He was quiet. Bo laughed when Luke lost his composure and laughed.

~FlashBack end~

I smiled thinking about that when Bo ran into where I was at. I looked at him and he looked like Luke more and more. He took after his father. He only has my eyes. They all seem to take to my eyes. Bryson seems like he might have Luke's. Bailee is having a lighter shade of mine. Bo's hair is just like Luke's. He is going to look like his father but younger. This made me miss Luke even more.

"Mama, Daddy is on the phone." Bo said handing me my phone which I probably left in the kitchen. I took it from him and thanked him. I put it up to my ear with a smile.
"Hello handsome." I said cheerfully into the phone.
"Well hello beautiful. How's the love of my life doing?" He said just as cheerful into the phone.

We had about a 2 more minute conversation before it switched to face time. Then it turned into about 30 minutes of that because he wanted to see all of the kids. Bo and Tate wanted to talk forever but I had to end up showing him the twins who made noises when seeing him. I knew that cheered him up. When we finished it was about time for the boys to go to bed and I was tired so I was heading there as well.

I woke up the next day and had Mama come over. She did this when she either wanted to see the kids, wanted to check up on me, wanted to talk, or to help while I had to run out and get things. Bo and Tate always loved to join along to the store.
I loaded up the boys and headed to the store. They sometimes ran in front of the cart but today they were doing well. Since they did so well I let them pick out a candy when we were checking out. Bo got his snickers and Tate got a kit-kat. When I was heading to the car I saw a guy from behind and he looked just like Luke. He wore basically the same thing. I smiled thinking of Luke and wishing it was him but when he turned around I sure as hell knew it was not my Luke.
When we got home, the boys helped bring some things in and Mama stayed for dinner. She actually told me to go tend to the kids, and she was going to cook. It was nice of her to do that and I always enjoyed her cooking so I wouldn't say no. I went out to the mailbox first and got all our mail.
There were bills, and a bunch of junk. Then there was a magazine and it had Luke on it. I smiled as I put the mail in the office area and was going to deal with it tomorrow. I grabbed the magazine and went into the living room where the twins and boys were. All of them were playing around with something as I looked at the article with Luke. I shared it with the kids and showed the twins saying "look that's daddy." Bailee got antsy as I showed her Luke and she put her arms up. She loved her daddy.
Mama told us dinner was done and I brought everyone in. We gave the twins what they could eat. It was a nice dinner. We talked and laughed like normal. The only person missing was Luke. When everyone was done Mama did the dishes too. She always loved to help out a lot. Luke said it was because I'm home alone a lot with 4 kids. It was also hard leaving the house because I couldn't put Bo in the front seat yet.
When I put the boys to bed Mama stuck around for a little bit. We both had ourselves a cup of tea and sat in the living room.

"So what's bothering you sweetheart?" Mama asked me taking a sip of her tea.
"I'm really missing Luke. It's more than I've ever felt before. After his whole flip our and drinking binge we got closer. Now I really don't want to spend times away from him." I told her. She smiled.
"Well soon you will go see him and then I'll bring the boys and Bailee. You know I have no problem doing that. They're my grand babies. I love them all to death and would rather look after them for you than y'all's to get a nanny. Sometimes it takes a fight to rekindle a flame you had. It also can make the flame stronger which now it did that." I smiled at her.
"I just hate putting all four kids onto you. Especially with Tate and Bo getting into things more and the twins now walking and saying words." I told her.
"There ain't nothing this ol girl can't handle. Jordon is coming by for a week before you leave and then the week after. Luke said I can bring her along and it will make things easier but I can still do it on my own. I know you don't want to bother me but it's no bother at all. It gives me more to do since I do live at home alone." She told me.
"You know you can always come over. I don't care if it is daily or if you want to take the kids for a day or a few just let me know. You're always welcome. Also if you just want to go out and have girl's time when Luke's around, he can handle the kids on his own. He did a few times. One time Tate and Bo got into the paint but everything ended fine and look, new furniture." I laughed and so did she.
"I'll remember that for sure sweetheart." She smiled at me.
We talked for a while longer and then she was on her way home. I was happy that she was here and I got to talk to her. It didn't make me miss Luke any less but it did make me happier knowing I would be seeing the love of my life sooner.

____________________

15 Votes for an update now! I know it can happen because of the responses i'm getting back on my stories. I am so excited to keep updating. I'm currently writing more for my two other Luke stories along with the next book to the series of Luke and Nikki and it's gonna be called Blood Brother's so you can only guess what's it going to be. :D
Please keep leaving comments and votes to the stories. :) Thank you all so much for continuing to read these chapters.

Do you think Luke is missing Nikki as much as she is missing him?

-Pup