Dirt Road Diary

~Nikki's Point Of View~

I was going around the house making sure everything was okay. Tonight the kids and I are going to be spending a few day's with Luke. We will be in the same spot at a hotel for all three days. Luke has tomorrow off and then has a concert the kids get to see. Then the last day we get to just be with him. I had everything already packed but I had to wait for Jason because he was taking all of us.  We had about 5 hours before the flight left and it took us about 45 minutes to get there. Jason would be here in about an hour and a half. The kids were dressed and fed and I was just running around because I hated leaving the house a mess.

The twins were playing with Bo and Tate in the living room. I checked on them because sometimes Tate would get a little mad because the twins would get a little rough. Especially Bryson. He was a puncher. He got into that bad habit and Luke and I don't know how.

I went outside to check the male when FedEx came up. The guy went to the back of the his truck after telling me to wait and came back with a nice sized box. I had to sign for it since it was for me. I was slightly confused what it was. Maybe Luke sent something. I grabbed the male as well and then went into the office so I could look through the mail. I got the bills and put them aside knowing I could deal with them when I got back. Then I opened up the box.

When I opened the box my eyes lit up. There was an envelope addressed to me from a publishing company. I picked that up and noticed a few hard covered books named Dirt Road Diary. I almost squealed.

What I haven't been telling anyone is that I was writing a book for the past year and a half. I would mostly do it when Luke was on tour, at night, or when the boys were in school and the twins were taking a nap. It took me a lot longer than what I expected but I finally finished the last dream of mine. To write a book. Now it is being published. Well that is what I assume from the hard cover books that were sent to me with what I wanted on the front.

I picked up the envelope again and opened it. It read:

Dear Mrs. Nikki Bryan,

I am excited to let you know that we will be publishing your book, "Dirt Road Diary." This story was very exciting, and had about everything our publishing company will look for in a book. I enjoyed every moment in the book and think you're a wonderful author. Other members of this company have read this book and had nothing but wonderful things to say about it, so you can say it was highly liked. I decided to send a few copies of what it will look like. Those three and the one I have in my office are the only ones that so far have been published. I would like for you to meet me in New York City as soon as possible. It would be to discuss all the legal matters, and publishing business things we must go through. I would advise you to bring your lawyer, so we can make this as fair as possible.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Natasha Breth

CEO Historian Publishing INC.

349 Broad RD New York, NY

I yelled out in happiness. I couldn't contain myself no more. My book was highly liked amongst more than just people in the company but the CEO herself had sent me 3 books and all. So much was going through my mind. I wanted to call people. I wanted to scream again. I wanted to jump around and run around the house being so happy. I had to calm myself because Bo had run into the office to check on me.

"Are you okay Mama?" Bo asked confused at what was going on.

"Uh, yeah. I just found something wonderful out." I told my oldest.