Pray About Everything

Luke and I are finally okay 100%. The boys are happy to finally be able to be at the house all the time and have both of their parents together. We have been back in the house together for about four months. Today we are going to find out the sex of the baby. The boys were even excited to see what the baby was going to be. They want a baby sister. Luke wants a baby girl so she can be a daddy's girl. I want a girl too. I want my little princess that I can dress up and walk around and match me at some points. After that we were going to go out hunting.
We told everyone that we were having our third baby. The press was shocked to hear the news. Everyone thought that we were going to divorce and go our separate ways. We proved them wrong. We even showed that our marriage is stronger than ever. I got interviewed and asked why did I take him back and everything but I basically told them to mind their own business because love will preserver over everything.
When we got to the doctors we were waiting in the room. Blake said he would take the kids today so we can have a day to ourselves. So we didn't have to worry about them in here. I had my stomach ready and eager to be checked out. When the doctor came in she talked to us and asked what we wanted while she prepped my stomach. Luke was holding my hand. When she was looking around she found it. The baby looked like a weird blob. When the doctor moved it around she found the spot where it didn't look so much like a blob anymore. It looked closer to a baby.

"So you guys are hoping for a little girl this time around?"
"Yes." Luke and I said in unison.
"Well congratulations, god gave you that wish." She said. I had tears in my eyes. Finally a baby girl.

Luke and I both looked at each other. He leaned down and kissed me. I grabbed his hand tighter. You could see the joy in his eyes knowing that he was going to have a baby girl finally. This was an amazing moment for us. The doctor cleaned me up and then printed out pictures for us. Luke and I got in his truck and headed home happily. We got dressed and then started heading out to our hunting spot. On the way there we talked till we got to the woods.

"So I'm thinking Annabelle." Luke said.
"Meh, I like Marigold."
"No. Summer?" He asked.
"No. Season's are a hell no." I said and we laughed. We got to the woods and we got half way when Luke said he forgot something.
"Just head to the tree. I'll be right back." He said and kissed me.

He walked back and I smiled at my handsome man walking away. He looked amazing in his hunting gear. On the way to the tree I was thinking about getting home and cuddling with him and having a romantic bath that could lead to more. I was stopped in my tracks.
When I looked in front of me there was a huge buck. My mouth dropped. I was frozen. I had my bow on my back and it would make too much noise trying to get it. I also had to be careful because sometimes bucks would attack. It was beautiful. Today was getting better. I found out I was going to have a baby girl and now a buck was in its natural habitat in front of me just eating.
I made a crackle with my foot. The buck quickly moved its head into my direction. My adrenalin was running fast now. It didn't look to happy to be staring at me. I was hoping it wasn't going to charge at me. I was frozen still unable to breath even. My heart was beating faster by the minute though. I started to step back when I heard a gunshot and felt myself falling to the ground. I felt serious pain. I saw the deer running away. I put my hands to my stomach. When I looked at them there was blood. My eyes got wide. I looked around and saw someone coming my way. My head went back to feel the soft ground. I then heard my name yelled and I was in and out of consciousness.

~Luke's Point Of View~

I forgot something in the tuck and I jogged back to go get it. When I got to the edge of the woods again I heard a gunshot. There isn't supposed to be guns out here. It's bow season. I kept walking at a faster pace towards where the sound came from because that is where Nikki is at. She should be up in the tree waiting for me by now. I looked over to my right and saw a deer sprinting towards the opposite direction. That asshole didn't even get the damn deer. I walked about 40 yards forward and saw someone running towards me. I then looked towards the ground. Nikki was lying on the ground.
I bolted towards her seeing that she was laying there not moving. Her eyes were wide open. I yelled her name and her eyes blinked and then shut. The guy was now next to me and I went straight to my knees. I looked at her hands which were on her stomach. It was bloody. Fuck no, not the baby.

"Nikki, can you hear me baby?" I asked her grabbing one of her bloody hands. I squeezed and she lightly did. I looked at the guy. "CALL THE FUCKING POLICE ASSHOLE." I yelled at him. He was scared.
"I I I I I'm sorry!" He said shaking. "I don't…" He said and my other hand was already on my phone calling. I handed it over to him.
"Tell them your fucking name; tell them you shot my fucking wife who is 5 months pregnant with our daughter." I glared at him then looked down at her. Her eyes slightly opened. I gripped her hand tighter. "Baby." I said leaning closer to her face.
"I saw a buck right in front of me Luke. It was pretty." She smiled. Then lifted her head and saw the blood on our hands. "Luke…."She said now getting upset."The baby." She then had tears falling.
"I know baby. It's gonna be alright. I'm here. The ambulance is on their way. I will be here. You're going to be fine."
"But the baby!"She hoarsely said and then coughed.
"It'll be okay Nikki. I love you." I said leaning down and kissing her forehead. Her eyes closed and didn't open back up. Her breathing was shallow. Tears were in my eyes and I tried blinking them back but they fell. I looked up at the guy who was on the phone with the ambulance. "Are they coming?" He looked at me.
"Yeah. We aren't that deep into the woods. No sir. Yes sir. I know sir. I'm aware sir. Yes just 100 yards out. Yes sir. She was just responding but now isn't." The guy then looked at me. "He told me to tell you to try to keep her awake even though it's painful. Yes 5 months pregnant sir."
"Baby." I said and she didn't respond. "Nikki." I said a little louder. I then put my hand on the side of her face and rubbed her cheek. "Please baby, stay awake. Look at me. Talk to me. You need to stay awake." Her eyes slowly opened. I smiled at her.
"I am tired Luke."
"I know. You can't sleep yet. You got to wait."
"It hurts though." She slightly whined.
"I know baby. I wish I could take it away. Just keep talking. The dispatcher told me to keep you talking." She looked at me.
"Remember when I told you that I hated the name Skylar yesterday if it was a girl when we were laying in bed?" She asked me. I smiled.
"Yeah baby?"
"I actually like it. Skylar Michelle Bryan." She smiled at me. She put her mother's name as the middle name.
"I love it baby. Perfect." I smiled back to her. "I had a dream last night of all of us and our baby girl." She looked at me still smiling. I went on. "She was on your lap with a book trying to read. She was about 5. You were helping her sound out words. I just got back from fishing because I had fish hanging from a line. Bo and Tater were running up to the house in their fishing gear. I walked up to you and she yelled daddy. I handed you the string and you handed her over to me and kissed me walking into the house. I looked at her and it was a beautiful spitting image of you. It looked just like you when you were five. Your father showed me the picture of you on your fifth birthday. Her hair, smile, and beautiful green eyes were just like yours. Light up with happiness. She was hugging onto me. Telling me what you two did while the boys and I were gone. She made me put her down and follow her to a picture she drew of the family. It was amazing. That dream made me think how wonderful life would be. It already is beautiful with our boys and you." She had a tear fall from her eyes.
"Lukey?"
"Yes baby?"
"I'm scared." She said squeezing my hand. I put my other hand on top of her other one and brought ours together.
"Don't be baby. It will be fine." I said seeing the man about 30 yards away walking towards paramedics. "See they are here baby. You're going to be alright. I love you more than anything. You know that." She smiled slightly
"Don't leave me." She said.
"I won't if you won't." She slightly laughed and I smiled.
"I'll try." She smiled before the men made me get away from her.

I watched her do things to her and put her on a stretcher. It must be hard getting back here with that thing. The trail isn't exactly nice. The cops were there too questioning the guy. He looked at me and I went over to the cops while they were making Nikki get onto the stretcher. I got my phone back. The guy was getting arrested by the guys. They told me they would come to the hospital and talk to me. They told me to follow the ambulance. I nodded and rushed to my truck.