Shake The Sand

Luke still was not done his album yet, but we were in Panama City for his Spring Break time. I was only 8 months pregnant and I was huge. I was in a maternity sundress and just swaying to him singing on the side. Mama said it would be a nice get out and time to spend with him before the babies are born. Thanks to her moving to Nashville she would watch over the boys all the time so Luke and I would get more us time. It was also great that she is here now that I'm having twins because not only will I have a now 7 year old Bo and a 5 Year old Tater, I will also have two new born babies. I also never had a girl so this is going to be different for me with her.
Luke was playing his special spring break songs and then he went to talking to the crowd.

"How are ya'll doing today?" they screamed. "Getting them tans, drinking that beer, and listen to some good music huh?" They screamed again. He took another sip of his beer. This was the only show he really drank at so I let him go. The smell of alcohol stopped bothering me a few months ago so I was fine. "Well the next song we are gonna do is in love with a girl. Any of ya'll good ol boys in love with a girl?" you heard men yell hell yeah! I laughed and looked out to everyone from the side. Luke looked over at me and smile. "Me too guys. I'm lucky to be married to this woman, she puts up with me, takes care of the dogs, house, and kids. She also keeps having my kids and let me tell you, if any of y'all's got some kids, when you're in the room with her, and she yells she hates you, man that hits home. Literally, she will hit you." Everyone laughed he laughed too. I shook y head. "Alright let's get our girls in our mind and help me sing!" Luke said.

I smiled at him and he looked at me lifted up his shades, made a kissy face, and then winked. He turned around putting his sunglasses down. I shook my head and kept this cheesy grin on my face as he kept singing. I didn't feel too well by time he was on his last song. I looked behind me to find some seat but on stage there was none. I then felt a pain. My eyes got wide and I held onto my stomach. I looked over at Luke who wasn't looking my way and I was happy. I looked back to BM and he just looked at me.

"BM, stay calm, I need a towel, and a chair till Luke is done. Make sure a cab is called and they know to take us to the hospital, or someone here does so." I told him after a constriction finished but my water didn't break. Which I was surprised on.
"Okay. Uh, towel, chair, someone. Got it." He said frantically and ran around. He was quick with everything too. Luke was in the middle of the last song. I sat down with the towel under me in case it broke. I was feeling hotter than I originally was. "You okay Nikki?" BM asked. Just as he said that another pain started I gripped the side of the chair and my stomach. I nodded yes. This pain was far worse than normal of starting off contractions and my water hasn’t broke yet. "I'm getting Luke okay." I nodded again letting him know its okay. I actually started feeling scared.  I looked up to BM running up on the stage. Luke looked at him and smiled.
"EVERYONE this is BM my video guy. Give it up for him!" Luke put his arm around BM's shoulder and people screamed. BM turned and I seen him say something to Luke. He quickly looked my way. He had a shocked expression on his face.
"Shit. Everyone my wife's in labor. I'm sorry." Luke said dropping the microphone and basically running to me. He was in flip flops so I didn't expect him to go fast. He knelt in front of me and I looked at him holding onto my stomach. "Baby, let's go to the hospital. Here lemme help you." I nodded and he helped me up. We got to a vehicle and Luke drove while I was in the passenger seat. He kept my hand in his. "If it hurts squeeze like you always do." Luke smiled to me and I smiled at him. We were slowly getting to the hospital. We had BM with us in the back which he was quiet.
"Luke…" I said quietly looking away. He squeezed my hand to make me look.
"What's wrong?" he asked.
"My water hasn’t broke and my contractions keep hurting worse. I'm scared if this is bad." I told him. He frowned but turned it into a smile.
"Don't worry baby it'll all be okay. You're strong, and our babies are strong. They'll be fine. You'll be fine." Luke reassured me.

I just hoped he was right. I never looked up if this could happen or not. I was just praying we would have a break in this traffic because the babies didn't seem happy by how much they were kicking and my body was making my contractions come on. I stayed somewhat quiet for the rest of the ride except the last contraction before we got there made me keep my mouth shut tight but let out a whimper. Wow they are coming on quick and hurt far worse.
When we got there BM decided to park the truck and let us off at the Emergency entrance. Luke talked to the woman and she nodded and called people. It was quick for me to get back there because of the fact that I was Luke Bryan's wife who is going into 1 month premature labor. They soon had me hooked up and a doctor was talking to me about them breaking my water. They said it was not as uncommon and made me feel less stressed. I was informed that they will probably be in incubators for a while since they're a month early and twins.
Once my water was broke things did go pretty fast but the last hour was so slow. Luke made sure his mama was called and she was on the next flight with the boys to panama. I couldn't believe that I was a month premature and in Panama at that. All the boys so far have been born in Nashville. I guess these two buggers decided to come early. Luke already had names picked out but we were still having our name wars with each other.
The contractions were so close now and the doctor finally came in to say I was 10 cm's dilated. I thanked heaven for that because I really felt the pain. No epidural or anything. Luke made sure he got changed into the scrubs so he would be able to come see the baby's born and cut the cord.
Through all the blood, sweat, and tears, the first one out was the boy. Luke had cut that cord but the baby was quickly taken away. I had to keep on going because now it was our daughters turn. She took 5 extra long minutes after her brother to be pushed out. Both of our children where taken away and examined carefully. They were smaller and they were about 5 pounds each. We were told in about a week we could take the babies home. They should gain enough weight by then, and we would be able to take them home.
I was put into my own room and the babies were able to stay around us. We did finally pick names. Bryson Jacob Bryan and Bailee Marie Bryan. They were so adorable and had scrunch faces. Luke held onto Bailee as I had Bryson as BM enters the room soon followed by Mama and the boys. They looked at us with astounded faces. Mama had tears in her eyes seeing the twins. She saw Luke had the pink blanket.

"They are so adorable." Mama said coming up and Bo and Tate were already by my bed side between Luke and I.
"Mama meet Bryson Jacob and Bailee Marie." Luke said. She looked at Bailee then at Bryson up close. She let a tear fall.
"Y'all's make some beautiful babies. Just look at those two." She said pointing at Bo and Tate. They both smiled wide.
"Mama I wanna hold em!" Bo said loud.
"Shh Bo. No yelling. Babies can't take that loud noise but come here and sit." Luke said. Bo did what he was told and sat in one of the two chairs. Luke walked over to him and showed him how to hold Bailee.
"Can I hold too?" Tate asked. I nodded.
"Yes you can. Sit next to Bo in the other chair. Mama, help him hold Bryson." I said and she took him out my arms. She looked down at him and he was looking up at her. She helped Tater hold onto the new born. The boys had the kids in their arms and I looked at Luke.
"Get a picture on my phone." I said and he nodded grabbing my phone and taking a picture. Both boys were smiling at the camera and had the babies in their arms. Luke showed me the picture and I let a tear slid down my face. It was a beautiful sight seeing this.
"Did you come straight from the plane?" Luke asked his mama. She nodded.
"BM got us. The luggage is in the truck."  Mama told him. Luke looked at the boys and Tater seemed amused.
"Here boys. Let memaw see the babies." Luke said getting Bryson first and handing him over to mama. He took Bailee. I could tell he was going to be attached and that was going to be a daddy's little girl.

_________________

Ahh the twins are born! Yay! What do y'alls think of the names? What do you think si going to go on next? This is chapter 18! I hope y'all enjoyed it. Also keep the comments and votes comming please. I enjoy reading and seeing how much everyone likes the story and wants to keep it going!
- Pup