Country Girl

~5 Years Later~

I was sitting outside listening to the kids playing in the pool. Bo is 16, Tate is 14, Bailee and Bryson are both 8. I am 46 and Luke is now 52.

Luke has slowed down with how he acts on stage, and he doesn't do more than his one headline tour and the farm tour. He quit with spring break a while back. He was currently inside on the phone talking to his manager. He has been off for a month now and has one left before he does the farm tour then he is home unless there are award shows.

He is been getting a bunch of awards the past five years. He has even came out with another spring break album, and just came out last year with another album called Riding the Trails. It was going wonderful. His fans had stayed faithful and there are even more now than there ever was before. Luke may be an older man but has hardly aged any. His beard and hair is starting to show gray but I think it looks amazing on him.

Our love has stayed the same in these five years since I wrote my book. Every day I get the good morning and good night texts. I get the random I love you'd. I get flowers sent on my birthday if he is on tour and I can't make it. I get random times to come on tour with him. I get basically all the same love things he use to do, even today. I still feel the same way about him. I still love that he holds me, that he makes love to me, that he kisses me, and that he still tells me how much he is in love with me more by the day and all. Luke hasn't changed at all. He is still the same old lovable man I married.

Bo being 16 wasn't as hard as I thought he was going to be. He is doing great in school. He is going down the same path his father did. Well that is what Luke tells me. He tried out for school plays. He plays guitar, and comes up with his own songs. He takes after me in school with going to advanced classes and getting straight A's. He is also in an Honors Society. I'm really proud of him and so is Luke.

Bo doesn't even lash out at us. If we tell him no, he listens. Sometimes he will ask why, or try to persuade us but he leaves it alone after a while. You will have those outbursts but what hormonal teenager doesn't do that to you?

There is a girl in Bo's life. He has been dating this girl since before Christmas so it has been about 8 months for them. She is very sweet and her name is Allison. She is over today with the kids all swimming. Luke had already given the talk to Bo before he got this girlfriend but he had another one with Bo about the risks of pregnancy after he got with Allison and we thought they were sexually active. You got to keep up with this because I highly doubt anyone wants their teenage son getting his girlfriend pregnant.

Tate has been hell. He is probably acting out for both him and what Bo didn't do. He gets in trouble in school and always gives me a hard time. He is scared of when Luke comes home and yells at him for giving me a hard time. Luke never had to do that before and I can't yell and be intimidating. Tate basically just laughs. He knows me as his come to when he is upset, not the parent to punish.

Tate is very hyperactive and get's C's in school. I have tried everything to ground him but nothing worked. When Luke is around he doesn't act up as much. I do have to say he has calmed down in the past two years but it is still bad. I love the kid to death and so does Luke and it hurts us to ground or yell at him but he needs it. Neither of us believes in whooping.

Bryson is getting tall quick. He is only 8 and taller than what Bo or Tate was at that age. He is also very slick and keen. He is really good at Math. He actually loves it and helps out Bailee when he can. They both are in the same grade but the school won't put them in the same class which is fine with me. Bryson already has his own personality and his way of talking. He talks more sophisticated than I thought an 8 year old could. He is also looking a lot like Luke mixed with my dimples and green eyes.