Crash My Party

~Luke's Point Of View~

Today is the day I show Nikki the song she knows as Crash My Party. She only thinks of it as a song. It's just one of those cute songs I'd put on my CD that was co written by someone else. That's what she thinks but what she doesn't know is I fully wrote that myself. I wrote that a long while ago about her. Its how I really feel and what I'd really do for her.

She does not know that the house I'm having her go to is just a rental house for today. She thinks it's going to be some kind of date. I'll have her inside with Miranda getting ready for Blake and me to do a double date but Miranda is in on my plan. This is going to be a video. She knows I've been out all day doing the video and I told her I was going to be done by dinner. Little does she know that I'm going to have a dinner set out outside of the house, just for her and me? I'm going to have fireworks going on in the background. I'm going to have Crash My Party playing while we slow dance. Once everyone packs up and leaves. She and I will have moonlight, one candle, dinner. Just to ourselves.

I was actually feeling like a teenager planning this. This is the one date a guy would think about impressing a girl so much to make her his or when a guy  is so in love that he would do this to propose to her like if he were at Disney land. For me this is one of those dates to show my wife I still love her, appreciate her, and still want her forever.

It was around 5 and everything outside was set up. We just had to plan the food being brought here at the right time and to be able to stay warm. We also had Blake outside making sure that the girls didn't come around to this part of the house to see what I put out. I wanted this to be such a surprise and a beautiful thing that if it got ruined I'd shut down and be so pissed.

Everyone was making calls, running around, or just sitting waiting. The director of my video came up to me and put his hand on my shoulder.

"This is really something Luke. What makes you think of things like this?" He asked me. I smiled and looked at him.

"I have a wife; I'm in love with since I met her. I still am. I'd give her the world and this is just a small piece of that pie. On tour I dream of things like this for her because I want to show her how much I love, care, appreciate, and think about pleasing her." I told him honestly.

"You're one lucky man to find a woman that you feel like that about. Not all of us do. I've went through two divorces. I have 3 kids by those women. My brother still hasn't found the one. My parents never did. I have only found about three people who have lasted their whole live and never wanted to leave each other. It's very warming to see two people the way you are with your wife." He said looking away from me. You could tell his hearts been broken but this helps him have hope.

"We'll always find that one person. It's up to us to do whatever we can to keep them. I've fucked up. I cheated. It was all over the news and I still get a back lash from that but that woman in the house found it in her heart to forgive me and let me back in. I don't do things like this to keep her because I fucked up. I do things like this to keep up how I've always been and always will be. When we are 80, have grandchildren, and sitting in rocking chairs watching the birds, I'd still try to do things like this. You will find someone. She will love you. She will be the best thing you've ever had besides your kids." I told him and he looked at me and smiled.

"Seeing you and how much you care for your wife, I don't have doubt. I will one day." He smiled and then walked away.

That talk made me smile. Since I've been with Nikki, I've been the happiest man alive. I don't think anyone has ever made me happier. I have went through hard times but once I met her, and stayed with her I don't believe I'd be the guy I am now. She has kept me going strong, and I do mean stronger than if I did this alone or with some other woman.