That Don't Just Happen

Everyone got situated in the hotel. Mama had her own room while Luke and I shared one with the boys. It was a nice hotel and I was laying back on the bed just thinking when should I talk to him. It was late now when we got here so tomorrow would be best. Luke instantly said out loud what I was thinking so we all got everyone into bed and told mama. We went to sleep and it was so hard for me to sleep. I was excited. I couldn't honestly wait at all.
I probably got only 4 hours of sleep but I was wired. I was excited. I got a shower and dressed before anyone got up. Luke woke up after I was rummaging through the bags to find all the pictures so I would have proof. He sat up in bed and just smiled. The clock said it was only 7 so I knew I would have to wait a little while before just going over to the house.
Once we were all up and it was about 11, Luke and I had mama watch the boys so we could go. He got a truck to rent for the week and we were off. It took us a good thirty minutes before we pulled up to this nice rancher that had horses, cows, pigs, sheep, and chickens. It was beautiful. There were three cars in the drive way and we pulled up behind one. I was now nervous as what. I had doubt but Luke reassured me. He opened the door for me and held my hand that didn't have the bags in it.
We got up to the door and I took a deep breath. Luke knocked on it. He then leaned down and kissed my head to give me assurance that it'll all be okay. I heard the door being opened by a man around my age. He had a smile on his face and he looked between both of us. He saw Luke and his eyes lit up even more.

"Well hello y'all. How may I help you?" He asked. Luke squeezed my hand and I looked at him. I was sort of shaking but I managed something.
"We're looking for John Ryles." I told him.
"Junior or Senior?" I looked at Luke and he shrugged. "I'm Junior so I'm guessing Senior?"
"Yes." I said. He nodded. Then he turned his head.
"Pa, there's a Luke Bryan and I'm guessing his wife to see you!" He then turned back around. "He'll be here in a minute. Come on in." He said. We nodded and Luke let me go in first. It was a huge house that was so beautiful on the inside. We were in the foyer of the house. I saw part of a kitchen in front of me. To the sides were a sun room and a living room. Then there was stairs to my left to go upstairs.
"Thank you." Luke said as we just stood there. He put his hand on my back and rubbed it. I looked at him and he smiled. An older man came downstairs butting up his shirt. This must be him. I tried to calm my breathing and try not to lose it yet.
"Junior, get them seated in the living room and get them some drinks. I'm gonna go get your mama."

Junior lead us into the living room. He offered Luke a beer or pop. I took water and so did Luke. He left to go get our drinks and Luke gave me a small little pep talk. He kissed my cheek knowing that I still would be nervous but his talk did help a little bit. Luke held my left hand in both of his while both men walked in with an older woman. They sat across from us and Junior sat in the recliner. I'm guessing that is John my uncle with his wife sitting across from us. He smiled at both of us then spoke.

"So what gives me the honors of meeting you? Did I win something?" Uncle John laughed. That made us all laugh.
"I'm actually here sir because of my wife. She needs to talk to you." Luke said. All eyes then went on me. I felt more nervous than ever before. I couldn't help it.
"Well sweetheart, what ya need to talk about?" I gripped onto Luke's hand after he said that. Luke rubbed his thumb over the top of my hand.
"My mother. Um." I got the pictures out of my purse and looked at them. "You're my uncle." I told him looking up hoping he would give in a little bit. He gave me a confused look.
"How do you know? Billy, and Maggie both have children and I know them all." He said. I looked down at the baby pictures that were on top of him and my mom.
"I'm talking about your twin sister Beverly. She was my mother. I have pictures." I told him. I handed over the baby pictures. HIs face was in pure shock. He took them a little shaky and looked threw the three I gave him. He looked up at me. "I also have some of you in the orphanage with my mother." I said handing over more photos. Junior got up and went behind the couch to look at the photos. Uncle John was in shock. He looked at them several times in silence. Then he looked up at me.
"How do you know this is me?" He asked quiet. I handed over the photo of them when they were 10.
"You two look alike. This is the last picture my mama had." I looked at him and he smiled.
"That's the last time I ever saw Beverly. We lost contact and our families never stayed in contact to help us. I kind of ended up forgetting as horrible as that may sound. What's your name?" He asked.
"Nikki. It was Daniel's but obviously it's Bryan now." I told him. He smiled wide and stood up.
"Come here niece." He said. I got up and went over and hugged him. I had tears in my eyes. "Where's your mama Nikki?" he asked pulling away keeping his hands on my shoulders. I looked down and let a few tears fall.
"She died giving birth to me. I never got to meet her." I told him. I looked at him and he had tears too.
"Oh sweetheart. I'm sorry." he pulled me in for another hug. He rubbed my back and I had my eyes closed just holding onto him. I had no clue about any of my mothers family until him.
"It's alright. My papa raised me well.  I'm just glad I found someone blood related to my mama." I told him pulling away.

We talked for a little while. His wife Margie made us Lunch and we all talked. I learned that Junior is my age and he also has another brother and sister. I talked about my life growing up and then got into how I met Luke. I then talked about our two wonderful boys and the twins in my stomach. That's how I got to realize my mother had a twin. I learned a lot about him and he got along with Luke very well talking about country music. Junior and I got to talking about things and found out we were very similar. His wife and him had two boys and she is now pregnant with twins. It was funny.
Everything was going great. We also had a plan to come back tomorrow with the boys and Luke's mama. It was for dinner. We left my Uncle's house around 4 to go get the boys and mama and tell them all about it. We brought them to dinner

"So mama found her uncle?" Bo asked.  Luke smiled at him and nodded.
"Yes. Your great uncle."
"That don't happen that way." Bo said frowning. Luke chuckled.
"What do you mean BoBo?" I asked him.
"How is he my great uncle without being great? I don't know him. He ain't great to me." My eyes got wide. I couldn't hold in my laughter. This kid always smart but not understanding completely.
"Great Uncle means that he isn't your 1st uncle that means he is your second. If your mother had a brother he would be your uncle." Luke explain.
"I think I got it." Bo said.
"That don't happen that way Bo." Tater said. We all laughed and he smiled wide with his little chubby cheeks.

We went back to the hotel and got our showers, and dressed for bed. The boys were out before Luke and I. We were just talking about everything. I just felt different or weird in some type of way. I didn't know how to handle this fact. I was so hyper and happy about finding my uncle but I just didn't know. Something for me seemed off about all of this. He opened his arms without really questioning. I think I would of questioned further. I told Luke all of this and he said just to relax. I'm getting worked up over nothing.
The next day we went over to my Uncles house with everyone for dinner. When we knocked on the door Junior answered again. He had a huge smile on his face and let us all in. Bo was holding onto my hand while Tate was hugging onto Luke. Mama followed us in and we all got to sit back in the living room. Tater was attached to Luke while Bo was into looking around at everything. Uncle John came in and saw the whole family. He smiled at us then talked. The food was not yet ready so we just got to sit around. Bo was trying to be a man and introduced himself.

"I'm Thomas but call me Bo." Bo shook Uncle John's hand. Uncle John laughed.
"Aren't you professional." Uncle John said. Bo shook his head yes. Bo then went to sit on Luke's left side.
"You have adorable son's. They act like mine who should be here soon." Junior said.
"Thank you." I told him.

We talked and then his sons arrived with his pregnant wife. She was very nice and their boys were very respectful. They did kind of remind me of Bo and Tate a little bit. The dinner went well. It also tasted very good. Mama and Uncle John's wife got along well. Uncle John talked to Luke about the country music business. I had my own conversation with Junior.
Everything seemed to go very well. I didn't expect any of this to come out and happen at all but sitting around at the dinner table, looking at my family, and how happy we all are, just made me know it was meant to be. It may not always happen this way but this is one chapter of my book that starts it's own new series.

Time flew by fast having all of us in Louisiana. We got to see my uncle a lot and have great memories. We took pictures and had loads of fun. It was more than what I ever thought. When we boarded the plane I looked at my phone and the pictures. I smiled knowing that this will be added and that in some way, somehow, I was blessed with these twins to not only add to my family but to find other family.

------------

Chapter 17! 13 left! Keep up with the 10 comments. I'm glad everyone is enjoying this story. Just remember Chapter 30 is not the end. There will be another story after this. So the faster I get the 10 comments to the next 13 chapters (which are all written up already)

So what do you think twins should be named? What questions do you have that are not answered?

- Pup :D