You Don't Know Jack

~Nikki's Point Of View~

I was 5 months and huge as hell. I couldn't believe how big I was. The doctor told me I might be more than 5 but by the last time I had my period to where I ovulated I should only be 5. Anyway, Luke did come to me with all my doctor visits, and helped so much at the house. He was slowly doing his album like he said. He hardly had any of it done within these 5 months. He was being the perfect husband and father. The boys were excited to have another sibling on the way. We both think that Tate is going to hate it once the baby comes though. He loves his attention.
Luke and I were waiting for my second ultrasound. I was supposed to have another to check why I was so big but it would have been two weeks ago so why bother? We were both betting if it would be a boy or girl. I had a feeling it was a boy. Luke said a girl. He could tell. We were laughing about it when the doctor came in.

"Well hello again Bryan family." He said and then looked at my belly. "My, aren't you plump today?" We all laughed.
"I'm trying to become a watermelon." He shook his head and smiled at me.
"You're close there sweetheart. Shall we find out the sex of this little one well big one?" I nodded. Luke held my hand as he applied the cold lube. The machine was on and he was looking around. Soon he found a baby. "There it is. Now let's see if they wanna hide from us today." I was smiling with my head turned at the screen. As the doctor moved it around you can tell the baby wasn't trying to hide it. I grabbed onto Luke's hand tighter. I looked at him and his eyes were glued to the screen with a smile on his face.
"So what is it Doc. Another Bryan Boy to the clan or are we gonna have our little princess?" Luke asked. I turned back to the screen. The doctor put a smile on his face.
"Seems as if you're adding to the clan there Mr. Bryan." I smiled knowing I won.
"Ha I knew it!" I told Luke. I looked at him and he stuck his tongue out on me.
"You won't his one. Next time…" Luke started but the doctor cut him off.
"Hold on." The doctor said. Luke and I quickly looked back at the screen. I started getting scared.
"Is he alright doctor?" I asked then saw on the screen another figure.
"He is fine, but…." He said moving it around and then smiling. "She is too." My eyes got wide. Twins. I let go of Luke's hand. I was in shock. I'm carrying twins.
"Twins? But how?" Luke asked.
"She released two eggs." The doctor said. "And two lucky sperm got to them. Seems like a boy and a girl. Congratulations."  The doctor said.
"Wait I don't have any twins in my family." I told the doctor.
"Well, sometimes it skips a generation. Or you're the lucky one to start the trend." He said. I looked at Luke still surprised.
"Well, we are gonna have double trouble." Luke laughed. I nodded then looked back at the screen.

The doctor got us our CD RON of the babies and then pictures. He cleaned me up and then sent us on our way home. I was trying to think back if any twins were in my family. It does help explain on why I was so big but I wanted to find out. The people to ask would be my uncles. My mother was an only child and her parents died before I was born so I had to figure this out. I couldn't be the first one to start the trend.
When we got home we told the boys and they were more than happy. They were both getting a younger brother and sister. Luke called his father and then his mother saying we are having twins. I called Miranda and she was ecstatic. She said it was going to be so cool with twins around. She also said she was due around the same time as I was so we were going to have kids around the same age. She and Blake were having a son. I texted Jess while I was on the phone with Miranda.
I made dinner with Luke and the boys help. After we ate I called my Uncle Mike.

"Hey Sweet pea. How are you and the baby?" Uncle Mike asked.
"Hey, you mean babies." I giggled.
"Babies? You mean twins?" He asked surprised.
"Yes. A boy and a girl." I told him.
"Congratulations! That's wonderful." He said. I sighed.
"Can I ask you a question?"
"Sure."
"Are there any twins in the family?" I asked him. He was quiet for a few minutes.
"Not on your father's side." He said. What about my mom's?
"What about mama?" I asked.
"Well sweetie. You know how your mother was adopted right?"
"Yeah?" I asked confused.
"Well she had a twin brother that was adopted by a different family." My eyes got wide. I had an uncle that I never knew about.
"I have an uncle I don't know about?" I asked surprised, shocked, and even more confused.
"Yes. Your dad told you when you were a wee little thing and you probably forgot. I can't tell you too much but if you look in your photo album you have of your mama you might get more out of it."
"What do you know?" I asked him.
"Well they were both adopted around the age of 7. She has picture of them till them only few. I think he was adapted to another family and took him to another state. That’s as much as I can tell you. I'm sorry sweet pea."
"It's alright Uncle Mike."

We talked for a little while longer but I was more interested in the album. As arrogant as that sounds, I wanted to find more out. I was on a mission. We talked about his wife and her kids, and then uncle bud. When I got off. I hurried up upstairs. Luke put the boys away but I tried to make little noise when going into the bedroom we keep our memories in. Soon to become our daughters room.
I rummaged through boxes till I found the old photo album. I went thru it until I found the pictures of my mother when she was a baby. I don't ever remember really looking thru these much. I then realized there was another baby in there too. It was a boy. You saw pictures of the orphanage. You also saw her in a lot with the same little boy. One was of them older and smiling. They were about 6 or 7. I took that picture out and examined it. They were hugging from the side. He looked like my mom a lot. That must be my uncle. I turned it over and it had writing. It said. John and Beverly. I looked through more pictures keeping that to the side.
Then I saw one of my mother in Louisiana when she was about 10. Then there was a few and then her and a guy again. About the same age. I looked on the back of that and it said John Ryles and Beverly Sweski. So my uncles name is John Ryles. I was startled by a noise and looked back. Luke looked at me sleepily as he sat on the bed. He stretched and came over to me.

"It's 10:30. Why are you looking at photo's?" Luke asked.
"I found my uncle. Well pictures of him. Uncle Mike said my mama since she was adopted was a twin. They got separated at 7. From what I see they look about 10 in this picture so she must of saw him again. They look so much alike. Look." I said trying to get up but my fat ass was so slow. Luke chuckled and came over to sit by me so I didn't have to get up. I showed him.
"Oh wow. SO that is your mama's brother?" I nodded. "You find anything out?"
"So far, they have pictures as babies, then in the orphanage. I found out his name is John. Then this picture says his adopted last name. Its Ryles. So John Ryles." Luke just looked at me.
"Why does that sound familiar?" He asked me and I shrugged.
"To me it don't."
"Here Put these aside and we'll look more tomorrow. We can find out more when we are well rested." I just nodded.
"Sometimes you don't know things you're supposed to, until loved ones are gone or something big happens." I tell Luke as I climb into bed. He snuggles up to my back.
"Well soon we'll know him baby."
"I hope."

I drifted off to sleep dreaming of meeting my uncle and it being a happy reunion. I woke up later than Luke because he was already up and had breakfast made. The boys were sitting already dressed for the day. We ate our breakfast and then Luke and the boys went outside to play around. I went on my computer and searched up John Ryles. Every person except one was all up north or not in the country. The only person in the south and raised here was the country singer. I looked up pictures of him and my jaw dropped. This was him. This was my uncle.
I decided to call some people who were with record company's and tried my hardest. One person said that they would ask, another had a little bit of a clue of who he was. Then I got to Warner Bros. I called up and they knew exactly who he was. It may of took three hours and Luke randomly checking on me but I now have a leave.

"Well Mrs. Bryan why do you want to contact Mr. Ryles?" The man asked.
"He is my uncle. My mother and him were torn away after they were adopted at the age of 7. Both of my parents are gone, and I'm having twins and wanted to know where it came from and that is when I found out about him. I really want to find him since the only family I really have is my husband, two boys, and two uncles. This really means a lot to me." I told him.
"Well I'm sorry to hear about your parents but congratulations on your twins. I'm really not allowed to give out information of clients or old clients."
"This means so much to me sir, I really want to find him." I pleaded to the man. I hoped he would give in. "I won't say you done any of this. I promise." I added on.
"Write this down."
"Okay." I said grabbing a pen and paper. He gave me an address in Bastrop Louisiana.  "Thank you."
"Good luck Mrs. Bryan." He said and the line cut off. I squealed in happiness. I instantly heard running. I turned around with a huge smile on my face. Luke jumped down the last four steps and came up to me. He looked at me confused.
"Why'd you scream?" He asked.
"I have his address." Luke smiled wide and hugged me. I was hugging his lower half since he was standing.
"Where is it?"
"Bastrop Louisiana." I told him. I looked up at him.
"Mini week vacation in Louisiana?" I nodded. "Well, we'll get a flight for tomorrow and bring mama. She needs a vacation."
"I'll call Jess or Miranda to look after our homes." He nodded.

The next day everyone was packed for a week, and we were on a plane to Louisiana. On the plane we told Mama everything. She was excited and happy for me. I was overly excited. Bo and Tate kept singing on the plane and people looked at them and smiled. I felt the babies kick and rubbed my stomach. Luke put his hand on it and smiled. He leaned over and kissed it and talked to the twins. I couldn't wait to meet my twins or my uncle.

_________________

This was Chapter 16! 14 Left!

She is having TWINS! What should they be named? How do you think the meeting is going to be for Nikki and her Uncle?
Still 10 votes till the next chapter! I am happy to keep writing this story.

-Pup