Do I

~Nikki's Point Of View~

It has been a month since that night. I was again missing his touch, his smile, his warmth, his laugh, his voice, and most of all his love. I did have the boys most of the time because he had to work a lot but I wanted their father. A week ago he sent me a text saying can we talk yet? and I never responded. I didn't know what I wanted to do. I felt like a bum. Miranda was on tour right now and Blake was home writing his own new album. The boys wanted me to go back to their father but didn't openly say it to me. Blake told me Bo asked Luke why does he hurt me so much. I knew they know something is going on. Tater stays with me a lot because he says he has nightmares all the time but I know he just wants me to be happy.
I was going to go fishing with Jess. She wanted to get out of the house and so did I. When we were fishing we had the radio on and so many of Luke's songs came on. It reminded me on why I stopped paying attention to media. It was still going on. I saw pictures of us with the picture ripped between us and it had the word done with a question mark on it.
The song that came on that really got me was Do I? I just pictured Luke singing it to me now. It seems so right for what we are doing. I had a bite on my rod but couldn't pay attention it. I played attention to the song. I felt a tear drop down my face. The lyrics "Remember when we didn't have nothing but a perfect simple kind of loving, baby those sure were the days. There was a time when our love was wild and free, but now I'm second guessing everything I see." I let go of my rod. It dropped and was dragged into the water by the fish. "Baby do I still give you hat you need? Still take your breath away, light a spark up way down deep, baby do I?" I cried hard then. "Baby do I get one more try. Baby do I?" I felt Jess come over and hold me. When the song ended I whipped my tears and looked at her.

"Nikki, I think you really need to talk to him. You can't just keep crying over him day in and day out. You love him in the deepest part of your heart and know he didn't mean what happened. Christ Jason says Luke is beating himself up daily. He says Luke is not Luke. He is more depressed and upset than ever. Luke even cried at our house after getting fucking plastered." She told me. I just looked again.
"I need him Jess." I admitted
"I know sweetheart. Call him."
"It's not that simple." I said looking down again.
"Yes it is. Give me your phone." She said and I handed it to her. She quickly did stuff and handed it over by putting it to my ear. I heard a hoarse voice answer.
"Nikki?" Luke said with a very hoarse and groggy voice.
"Uh huh." I said.
"What's wrong? You okay? Are the boys hurt? Are you hurt?" He kept asking questions.
"Luke." I said and he stopped. "We need to talk." I let out a sigh. Jess was smiling at me.
"Yes. Of course. When? Where?" He sounded so eager.
"I uh…" I said looking at Jess. "I don't know." I had no clue where to meet Luke. My mind was racing now.
"Ask Blake to watch the boys tomorrow night. Meet me at Muck alee Creek. Or I can pick you up. Just please don't leave me this time." He said with sadness in his voice.
"Okay. Pick me up at 5." I said.
"Alright. I got to go. I'm late for recording. Thanks for waking me up." I just thought of a smile on his face which made me slightly smile.
"No problem."
"See you tomorrow Baby."
"See you Luke." I said with a smile. I hung up and looked at Jess.
"Okay, see how easy that was. Now since you're pole is gone. Either we go in and get it or we go home and eat." She smiled.

We went back to her house and ate. I was nervous about tomorrow. When I got back to Blokes. I decided to talk to him. He told me that this was very good. He had no problem watching the boys. He knew they both loved him and I know that he really wanted me back with Luke. He agrees that Luke has done wrong but sometimes you need to forgive someone.
I put the boys to bed and kissed them goodnight. Blake was fast asleep so the house was quiet. I went into the basement. I sat at the piano they had down here and just looked at the keys. I looked at my phone. I slid it to where I could see my collage of pictures as my background. I looked at the one of Luke and I on our wedding day. I sighed and put it down. I slid my fingers over the keys and started to mess around. Before I knew it I was actually starting to play, Do I, and decided to sing.

~Luke's point of View~

I was walking back and forth in my living room. It was about midnight and I couldn't sleep. Nikki finally called me and wanted to talk. Blake told me to wait for her to come around but it was so hard. I would text her every now and then. A month going by after making love in our field that we loved so much, the first time we had something so passionate and so caring was in that field. I looked over to where we had our grand piano. Do I just started playing in my head. I kept trying to think of something else but that song kept coming back in. I gave in and went to the piano and started to play it.

"Baby what are we becoming? It feels like were always running. Rolling through the motions every day. I could lean in to hold you or act like I don't even know you. Seems like you could care less either way. What happened to that girl I use to know? I just want us back to the way we were before. Do I turn you on at all when I kiss you baby? Does the sight of me wanting you drive you crazy? Do I have your love? Am I still enough? Tell me don't I or tell me do I baby. Give you everything that you ever wanted? Would you rather just turn away and leave me lonely? Do I just need to give up and get on with my life? Baby do I? Remember when we didn't have nothing but a perfect  simple kind of loving. Baby those were sure the days. There was a time our love ran wild and free. But now I'm second guessing everything I see. Do I turn you on at all when I kiss your baby? Does the sight of me wanting you drive you crazy? do I have your love am I still enough? tell me do I tell me don't I baby. Give you everything that you ever wanted? would you rather just turn away and leave me lonely? Do I just need to give up and go on with my life. Baby do I still give you that you need. Still take your breath away. Light up a spark way down keep. Baby do I?" I sang loud and let my heart pour out into that song. I couldn't even finish it by how I was crying.

I looked out the window to the moon. I just wish tomorrow will help make things better and we can fix our lives.

A/N:

Hey everyone. I have been having some problems the past two weeks and things have gone down hill for me. I have to move out of my ex fiance's house and don't know if I will be able to post when I'm suppose to. I might be late with some. I'll probably make up somehow.

Please keep commenting and voting for the story. When I see more and more readers are votig for, putting my story into their library, and commenting; it really shows that what I enjoy writing others are enjoy reading. It's making it all worth while. Thank you all.

-Pup