Buzzkill

~Luke's Point Of View~

I haven't seen Nikki in too long of a time. I really miss her. After all that has been going on since I finally told her how I felt about being a father and husband; things have gotten a lot better. It seems like our flame has been rekindled in some sort of way. I still think back to before I left for tour; she was helping me finish pack when the babies cried. I went to tend to them while she packed because she knew exactly everything I would need. When I got back we carried the bags down and I said bye to all the kids, and finished with her. That kiss still lingers on my lips. I want to feel them again. It's more addicting than heroin.

I was up on stage now shaking my rear end and having women screaming at me. I was having a great show. I really did miss Nikki, and the kids too but being up on stage helped my mind get off of it. When we were doing Drunk on You I was dancing right up on stage in front of this one woman. She was singing along and looking up at me with so much happiness in her eyes. She seemed like she was in her glory.

I got a good look at her and she looked like Nikki. Her eyes, hair, smile, and the way she swayed to the song reminded me of Nikki in it. This chick even wore a hat how Nikki like's to. I smiled wide at her having my mind believe it was Nikki.

The song was closer to being over and realizing that it broke me out of that trance I had on her. I turned around and then finished it up. When I looked back at the chick, she looked nothing like Nikki. What was I thinking? She was probably also about 18 too. We went right into my next song and I just went back into my groove.

When the show was over we were all excited and happy. I got a shower and the guys already had a beer popped open for me. I grabbed it and drank it down.

"Why don't we just go to a bar tonight? We are in Texas. Go big or go home!" Carter yelled. We all laughed. I was not too much into going to a bar but I didn't say anything.

"I'm in." James said.

"Yeah, let's call a cab and make sure they can take us out there and back." BM said. Then everyone looked at me.

"I guess I can." I said to them. They looked doubtful to what I said but shrugged it off.

It seemed like only 10 minutes went by and then we were off. We went to a nice country styled bar. It was a slower night and I was thankful for that. I didn't really want fans to bother me. We all sat at the bar and ordered us some miller lights. The bartended was a nice woman who was keeping her eye on BM. She kept staring him up and down. He tried to ignore her because he respected his woman. I admired him for that because he is such a nice guy and I'm glad to have him around on every tour.

About four beers in, I look at my phone. My Lock screen is Nikki and the kids. I had a huge grin on my face just looking at it. The home screen is of her smiling in a meadow full of flowers. It was a gorgeous scene and her being there just made it better. Seeing this really made me miss her even more. I was going to text her when Carter ordered shots for everyone. I accepted the shot and then got myself another beer.

"Drinking enough there buddy?" James asked me.

"Oh yeah. I haven't drank at a bar like this in a long time." I told him.

"Sometimes you need to go out and have some fun. What's been on your mind? You don't seem like yourself." He looked at me a little concerned. I sipped on my beer and sighed.

"I'm really missing Nikki and the kids." I said simply.

"I know how you feel. It's hard." James said taking down his shot that he was having.

"I don't mean anything by this but I still just wanna give up on this for a little and be there. The twins are walking around and starting to talk and I just want to be there. I feel bad for not being there enough. After that fight I had with Nikki, we got closer after I realized what was going on in my head. I got so much closer. Nothing feels the same with her. It feels… better actually. I'm more in love with her than I've ever been." I looked at him and he had a huge smile on his face.

"You know you married the right woman." He said.

"I know I have. She won't let me quit my dream of being a country singer. Every time she talks she says all the kids and her are proud that I'm not giving up on this. "

"See, you are meant for this business. They all support you. Bo probably understands it the best and wants you to keep going. You can tell that little man looks up to you a lot. Watch him become Mini Luke Bryan." We laughed at that and I finished up my beer. I got another one again.

After I took that first sip I looked over to the door because someone entered. My eyes had to be playing tricks on me again. It looked like Nikki just entered the bar. It couldn't be her. How would she even know that all of us are even here or even get here? She would have been early to get here. The lady was walking right up to me and the closer she got the more I felt like my mind was playing tricks. Maybe I was drunk already?

I down my beer quick and look away from her ordering another one. I took a few big gulps from that and then looked back in the direction of the woman. She didn't look to happy at me. Why does she still look like Nikki? I gave her a weird look as she came up to me.

"Hey." I said. She gave me a weird look.

"Are you trashed?" She asked me. Wow she even sounded like Nikki. I shook my head. I looked back at James and he just gave me the are you stupid look. I looked back at her and she had her arms crossed. "You promised no more drinking this much when you were on tour. Why are you acting weird?" She asked. Okay I have to be drunk because my brain is not functioning the way I want it to. How does she know I promised that? My eyes got wide. My brain processed it. "Hello, Thomas." She waved her hand in my face. I must have taken forever to answer.

"What? Sorry." I said taking a sip of my beer. She huffed.

"What ever. I'm going back to the bus." She turned on her heel and left. I face palmed myself in the face.

"Shit." I mumbled.

"What the hell was that? You just told me you were more in love with her but acted like you didn't even know her." James questioned me.

"I swore I thought my mind was playing tricks. I've been seeing her face everywhere and today it was worse than ever. I saw her in the crowd today. Then I turn around and come back and it was someone who looked nothing like her. I thought my mind was messing with me now that I've been drinking." I told him.

"Well I'd go tell her that before she gets too pissed and goes to bed." he is right.

"Well, my buzz is gone because of this. Buzz kills." I told him he nodded.

"Hey not her fault though." He told me.

"I know it's my fault." I told him.

I waved the bar tender over and paid my tab and gave her a 50 dollar tip. She thanked me so much. I was then on my way outside to get a cab and go back. My buzz was gone. I needed it to be. I wasn't drunk. I know that much or I would have slurred. My mind has just so many other places. She is not going to be happy at all. I even forgot TODAY was the day she was coming. I'm such an idiot. I got to make it up some way.

____________________

What do you think Luke is going to do?

15 votes till next chapter!

Thanks Everyone!
- Pup