Faded Away

I was home looking after Tater Bug and Bo. Tater has just turned 2 and Bo was 4 going on 5. Those two were a handful but wonderful boys. Luke and I were proud of our children. It did suck when I chose to be a stay at home mother but he did try to bring us around as much as possible and when he did either Bo or tater got to come out on stage sometimes. They would dance with their father. Luke has gotten huge. He is going to come out with another album soon. He took a little off when we had Tatum to have time with the family. When he was home it was a blessing to say the least. We had so much fun and he helped out a lot with the babies.
Right now Luke was on tour. We haven't seen him for 3 months. This was a very busy tour for him and he didn't call much. He tried to Skype us at least once a week so the boys could see him. Sometimes he would sign over Skype and put Tater to sleep. Luke was coming home in two days and I couldn't wait. I already had a meal planned and what would happen and everything. 
Miranda helped out with the kids when she could. She and Blake were wonderful god parents. She hung around me a couple times a week when her and Blake were around or just her. She even took the kids for a few days sometimes so Luke and I could have our own fun fishing by ourselves, going out to dinner, or just to have a night together alone.

Today was a great day for me. Luke was supposed to come home tomorrow morning. Nothing much was going on and I was having a great day. The boys were being angels and were playing together outside. I was sitting just watching them throw the ball around and run around with Spinee. Spinee was a great dog and protects the boys no matter what. She also plays ball with them every time.
It started to get dark and I was calling the boys to come back in and get cleaned up. I would start our dinner. When they started running up I looked and saw a truck speeding in. I could tell who it was once the truck came close enough. It was Miranda's truck but it was weird that she was driving so fast. The boys were now on the porch looking out to her truck as she parked. She got out franticly and looked at me. She ran up to me with sorrow in her eyes and looked like she was scared.

"Miranda are you alright?" I asked her scared at what she was going to say. I was hoping everything was fine. I was hoping she was going to say she was pregnant at least.
"I was coming here to ask you the same thing. You didn't answer you 5 phone calls so I wanted to make sure you didn't flip your uh smack." She said looking at the boys.
"Hi aunt Miranda!" Bo said coming over to hug her.
"Why wouldn't I be alright? The boys are doing fine." I smiled at her and she smiled weakly at me.
"Hey boys. Go play in your room. Aunt Miranda is ordering pizza and mama and I will call you down when it's ready." Miranda said scuffing up Bo's hair and hugging Tater.
"What's going on?" I asked her as the boys ran off into the house.
"Turn on your T.V." She said pointing to the house.

We walked into my house not saying much more. This was probably something about her show that someone might have died on. Maybe it was getting canceled or something. She did act drastic. Blake was also on tour with Luke right now so we were both alone. I turned on the TV and she stole the remote from my hands and went to a channel that had news. There was a show just switching to news stories about famous people. I looked at her and she pointed to the TV and I saw Luke's face on there. I zoned in and it said stay tuned for this surprising news of the hottest male singer in country music. I looked at her and she frowned.
When I looked at the clock it was now 6pm. The story came back on and put Luke's face. The lady on TV said, "Luke Bryan, the hottest of the hot of country music. He has filled our hearts and is a rising star. Married to the beautiful Nikki Bryan with their two lovely boys. They have a wonderful marriage and live together outside of Nashville in their beautiful home. Everything seemed as if it was so peachy or was it?" I looked over to Miranda she was standing and I just sat on the couch wondering what was coming next. "Luke has been on tour and is going to start recording songs for his new album that should be released by the end of this year. While on tour we have only seen him with his wife in the beginning." They showed a few pictures from tabloids. "A source of ours has wondered has a paradise mirage turned around and went to quits? Is Luke Bryan single?" They put Luke's face up with a question mark. I was getting a little pissed about them thinking he was single or split from me. Then another picture came up. It was Luke in a hotel hallway kissing someone against a door. "Our sources know that this woman is not his wife. That is infecting the famous Luke Bryan. The next picture is of him opening the door and them both going in. After that we don't know when they left or when hey stayed. Our photographer said that he followed Luke from the bar after this lady came over to him. After the bar this all unfolded. So is Luke and his wife separated or is he having a secret affair with the mystery woman? Stay tuned for we are questioning Luke in a few minutes." Tears were rolling down my face. I felt Miranda put her arms around me and I went and held onto her.

"I'm so sorry Nikki. I didn't expect this."Miranda said holding me close. I cried louder.
"This can't be true!" I cried.
"Honey, I really didn't believe it and I called Blake and…" She just trailed off knowing I would get the hint. I sobbed louder. The T.V came back with a reporter on it.

I looked and saw them outside a venue. Luke was walking kind of fast with shades on and his hat on frontwards. He had a black shirt on with his tight jeans. The person came up to him. "Mr. Bryan we have a few questions for you." He looked at them and stopped. "Luke how was the show?" They asked and he quickly answered. "Are you still married?" He answered Yes I am. Then the guy held up the photo we saw. "So you're cheating on your wife." Luke looked pissed. He then just walked away and the guy followed. "Luke, you can't lie to the truth!" He yelled as Luke stated to move faster and people went in-between him. The reporter turned to the camera. "It seems like Mr. Bryan has some explaining to do. I feel bad for his wife. Back to you Cathy." I looked over at Miranda

"I don't know what to do." I started to let tears fall.
"Well, talk to him tomorrow. If you need somewhere to go with the boys, you're always welcome. Even Blake said it. Just come right over. This is unacceptable. I didn't think he was that horrible of a man." She seemed too degusted.
"Mama." Tater said coming up to me with a sad face.
"Yes baby boy?" I asked him picking him up.
"Why cry? You cry why?" He said hugging me. I smiled. He was such a mama's boy.
"It's nothing baby. Pizza should be here soon. You hungry?"
"Ya." He said looking at me in the face. I poked his nose and he giggled. He had my hair and smile. He kind of looked more like me then Bo did. Bo looked extremely a lot like Luke.

When the pizza guy got there I went to the bathroom and cleaned up. Miranda paid for it. The boys then got their bath and put in their pjs. Tater was put to sleep and Bo was told he had an hour. Miranda and I sat in the kitchen. We were quite for some time. I was in deep thought thinking about what I should do. Then it hit me. I had to leave for at least a while. Even if I got the explanation. That is unacceptable. If he loved me so then he wouldn't have cheated on me. Maybe he didn't have sex with her but he did make out with her. There is fucking proof on TV. I looked through my phone and the picture was all over the internet. Luke was coming home tomorrow afternoon. I was going to have some of the boys things packed and in my truck for when he got there. I don't know how I can deal with this.
I told Miranda my plan and she said it as a good one. I need to get out being able to think about what is going on. I wasn't going to tell the boys. I was just going to say we were going to stay with Miranda. If Luke wanted to see the kids he could always ask Blake. That was probably the best thing for us. When Miranda left I checked on Bo and he was already asleep. I got a shower and went to bed. It was hard for me to sleep because I just cried and cried.