Part four [apple red]

With a sigh of agony, you stabbed the half-eaten apple pie on your plate. Your head resting on top of the small dining table.

Daiki was sitting opposite of you eating his portion of the cake and stealing glances at you. You two were alone inside of the small canteen, you missed the time for supper and so the lunch ladies resorted to giving you leftovers from that day's dessert.

"Come on stop being dramatic." The dark-skinned boy said hearing you sigh once more.

"A week Dai-chan! I've been grounded for a whole week! How cruel..." You placed your hand on your heart with a pained expression.

"Should've paid more attention to time." He mused, taking a sip of his tea.

"What on earth am I even gonna do inside for such a long time???"

"Put a pillow in the middle of your room and look after it, I don't know." Daiki shrugged, stuffing another piece of the pie into his mouth with a satisfied hum.

"Ugh..." You groaned and stabbed the food with your fork, scarfing the rest of it down in a few seconds before hopping down from your seat. "Let's go take a bath already."

[...]

After showering you and Daiki arrived at your shared room. It was small, with three futons on the ground, one small round table, a wardrobe, and a sizable bookshelf. A single window showing you the dark sky outside. Despite its quite lackluster design you still managed to make the place more welcoming, gluing stickers from fruits onto the walls and decorating the windows with dark blue blinds that had glitter stars on them. Your own personal items like toys and books stacked into small piles on the ground.

"Yuki! We are back!" You yelled to the body shaped lump in one of the futons, but you didn't get a reply.

"Are they already asleep?" Daiki mused, putting away his toothbrush in one of the cupboards.

Shrugging you walked over to your friend's bed and moved the covers aside. It turned out your roommate wasn't even there, a couple of pillows stacked underneath the covers.

"Well, it looks like they're sleeping somewhere else today...again." The mint haired boy mused.

You turned to look at him. "...you gonna tell the supervisors?"

"Oh please, you give my strictness too much credit, I may be uptight but I am no snitch." The boy huffed while making sure all of the buttons on his sleep gown were hooked on correctly.

"You? No snitch?" You puffed up your lips. "And what happened to that time you told on me for sneaking a pigeon into the building?"

"That's because you brought a whole bird into the orphanage! Besides, do you know how unsanitary pigeons are??" The dark-skinned male huffed and got underneath the covers of his futon. "I swear to God if you ever do that again I'll kill you."

"Bury me shallow then, I'll be back." You murmured and also laid down.

Picking up a small rubber ball next to your bed you threw it across the room, perfectly hitting the light switch making the bare lightbulb hanging above you turn off. Submerging the room in darkness.

[...]

Your throat felt dry and with a soft whine, you stirred awake only for your eyes open to pitch blackness. Reaching out you rubbed your eyes with your palms which caused your gaze to adjust to the shadows obscuring the room. What time was it?

 What time was it?