Part nineteen [i think of home sometimes]

There is a certain feeling that accompanies your every action when you subconsciously know something is not right. That "not rightness" is not however the same thing as obvious glaring danger. There are things you can expect from a glaring tiger or a loaded gun, the same cannot be said about a silent room or a pointed look that lingered just a bit longer than it should. Furthermore, the silence of a room is a lot more deadly than a bullet through the skull. A bullet kills, a quick and momentous death that leaves nothing behind but a body, and a ripple of a shot through the air.

A room can be both a sanctuary and a prison depending on who you are. The silence of it drills slowly through the skull, it does not ripple and it does not leave. Insanity is more painful than any carved skin.

Starting at the long paragraphs in the geography book your eyes flickered continuously towards the door to your room. As if expecting somebody to barge inside. It was not a far-fledged thought looking at the situation you were in.

You've already spent an entire day inside this strange manor and basically refused to leave the room. Qin arrived a few times to give you meals, they were surprisingly tasty, after the suspicion of it being poisoned was lifted that is. The pink-haired woman had to munch a spoon full of your dinner the first day just so you would eat. 

In that empty time in which everything was so foreign your mind swam back from time to time to your quirk...and the feeling, you've experienced. It was death, you concluded a few hours into your brainstorming. That emptiness was so cold and mind-numbing, it visited you on your sick day, trying to wiggle itself in. Huh...looks like people didn't realize just how bad your illness was at that time, to a point where you were literally on your death bed.

As you played with a piece of your hair, curled underneath the covers of your bed you pondered over that feeling. Death. It was more of a state rather than a feeling actually. Nothingness, a silent song echoing nobody.

You wondered if it was a bad feeling. It was not gruesome or loud like the image of a corpse...it was something you weren't expecting certainly. In a way, you were granted something that humans weren't able to achieve as long as they existed, to feel death and come back to tell the tales.

Getting out of the bed you once again gazed at the window in your room, you already concluded that it was sealed shut from the outside so no escape route there. Plus this was like the third story and you weren't the best at scaling walls, to say the least...though you could theoretically simply jump down and let your legs break. They would regenerate anyways. However, then was the question of where would you go? Simply plummet into the woods hoping that your legs would carry you somewhere safe? Are there any guards outside? There most definitely is surveillance in a house as big as this, plus the cameras could be invisible due to a quirk.

On day three you were made to actually eat a meal in a different place than the corner of your room. You were led to a spacious dining room, with high windows and a single, long table. To your utter horror, you were seated right next to your father who was residing at the very end of the table. You powered through your meal, stuffing down the food with shaky hands as your father's eyes gazed at your small figure while twirling a glass of white wine in his hand.

"Slow down a little will ya?" The man spoke making you choke halfway through your dinner. "My...I didn't know they starved you so much when I wasn't there." He reached out, causing you to instinctively shut your eyes tight and brace for some kind of attack. Instead, the young man simply swiped a crumb of carrot from the side of your mouth with a quick move of his index finger. "So messy..." He stated before chuckling.

You stared at him dumbfounded, watching the male cut the steak at his plate with no regard for the situation in the slightest.

"You're...actually my dad...?" You found yourself asking out of the blue.