Part six [cuts]

Another grey day. The sky obscured by clouds, the gentle wind pulling on the air and inviting it to sway seamlessly and without any reason.

You held the beetle gently in the dip of your palm, its body unmoving, turned upside down. Walking over to the swings you set the corpse down onto the soil before digging your fingers into the sand and scooping up a small hole.

You were more gentle this time with your work since your nails were painted a glittery pink color. It was Toothlys doing and honestly, it was an honor. She saved her money for a whole three months to be able to buy that one bottle of sparkly nail polish.

Tenderly scooping up the bug you placed it into the hole before covering it with the soil and pressing it down evenly.

"Creepy eyes!" A high pitched voice called out as you heard a pair of footsteps.

Midoriya and Bakugou were running in a very excited manner, more than usual, wide smiles pulling on both their faces as they galloped onto the playground. You stared at them as both boys panted heavily, finally arriving directly in front of you.

Standing up and dusting off your pants you quirked one of your eyebrows. "Is everything alright?"

"Look!" Bakugo just exclaimed before showing you his palm, the boy let out a little grunt before a spark suddenly popped on the surface of his hand. It was brief and quiet but still quite flashy. "I-I have a quirk!"

"He has a quirk!" Izuku exclaimed fist-bumping the air.

You stared at his palm for a few long seconds, your face expressing nothing but stone-like blandness.

Bakugo cocked his head to the side awaiting your reaction.

"I'm assuming the explosions will grow over time." You suddenly stated.

"Of course they will!" The blonde answered.

"This...seems a little dangerous. Just. Be careful with it, don't blow someone's eye or teeth out." That being said you flickered the boy's forehead making him let out an annoyed squeak. "Honestly, this seems like a quirk that should never be given to people like you Katsuki."

"HAH?? What do you mean!??"

"I'm just saying, I would have trusted it with people like Midoriya more." You stated truthfully making the green-haired male's face flush slightly.

"What do you mean!?? This quirk is perfect for me!!" The blonde raged.

You exhaled tiredly before to the boy's surprise smiling lightly. "I'm happy for you Katsuki, I really am. Just, don't let it get to your head."

The boy huffed at your statement before crossing his arms with a pout on his face. "Of course I won't, stupid creepy eyes."

You rolled your eyes at his statement before turning around and walking over to the empty sandbox. Sitting down on the wooden frame of the playing area you began once again digging through the soil in search of any bugs.

"A-Are you okay?" Midoriya suddenly asked, walking over to your side. "You seem, more gloomy than usual."

You scratched the edge of your eyebrow, slightly perplexed by his question. Without turning your eyes to the boy you mumbled. "I don't really like quirks in general..."

"Wha- Why is that? There are so many cool and interesting quirks out there!" Izuku exclaimed.

You scrunched your nose. "It's true, they are diverse. And a lot of the time, they make or break your future." Digging your heel into the sand you leaned back and looked into Deku's doe eyes. "I know kids who were left by their families because of their quirks."