Part nine [useless blade]

The rain poured down onto your raincoat in a cold steady stream. It was the middle of the day, hence why the sky despite being gray was not as dark and left the world in a steady, calm, and sleepy atmosphere. You tapped your small feet around in the deep puddles of the sidewalk, hopping from one to another, not caring if the splashes got you soaked.

The coat was too big on you since there wasn't one in your size you could take, making the stiff plastic glazed fabric flop around your small frame.

"Hey! Didn't I tell you to take an umbrella!?" Daiki ran over to your side with an umbrella in one hand and trying to tie his coat with the other.

"They are annoying and heavy." You shrugged and leaned down to pick up a snail from underneath the bushes. Cradling it in your hand you observed its fashionable black and yellow shell.

With an annoyed expression, the dark-skinned boy pulled the umbrella above you. The sound of droplets hitting against the hard fabric bringing your gaze up from the snail and into the boy's eyes.

"Aren't they pretty?" You asked presenting the snail to him.

"The shell is pretty." He admitted but immediately frowned afterward. "Clean your hand later, they leave goo behind."

You put the snail down before wiping your hand against your coat making Daiki cringe slightly.

"Come on." The boy encouraged you, reaching out his hand for you to take.

You linked your palm with his and the who of you stayed walking down the wet pathway, water sloshing beneath your shoes as you made sure to not step on any slugs or worms. 

"So where does he live?" The mint a hired boy asked.

"Don't know." You shrugged.

"Huh? How are you supposed to give him that if you didn't even know where to locate him?" Daiki freaked out.

"We'll just walk around until we find him." You answered, peeking from under the umbrella to gaze at the clouds and the shower stepping down from the heavens and onto your face.

"You- Ah at this point I should have expected something like this-" the boy sighed, massaging his temple as if he was already middle-aged and wracked with stress.

The trees from behind the tall fences already had a vibrant orange color to them. The raindrops pushing the leaves from the branches making them fall not with the gentle tuck of the wind but the harsh yank of heavy moisture. A thick and rich smell of
wet soil rising from the ground with it. 
Fall was growing near.

You left one neighborhood and entered another, looking all around at the alleyways and corners trying to spot a familiar to you figure.

However, the search ended up fruitless, and the two of you were growing colder under the heavy pressure of the rain. With Daikis grunts of annoyance, you finally gave in and dragged him into a small convenience store at the side of the road to warm up for a second.

The inside was nice and dry, with the old lamps casting a friendly orange glow over the shelves filled with questionable candy and sodas that looked like extracted highlighter ink. The store clerk was an old woman sitting behind the counter, she gave you a passive nod upon your enter.

You made sure to shake the water out of your umbrella outside before taking your friend's hand in yours and dragging him further down the aisle.

"Look Dai-chan! They have gacha machines here!" You beamed with excitement.

"You never get tired of those do you?" The boy replied with a sarcastic tone but the smile on his face proved he was more than willing to watch you indulge in your little obsession.