Part five [the wasp and the frog]

You kept the broken doll cradled in your arms as you walked down the hallways of the orphanage. Looking for a specific door.

Finally, you arrived next to a room numbered 13 and without thinking much of it you invited yourself in.

"Hey! Learn to knock- oh it's the deadpan face kid." Akogare was sitting inside of his room next to his desk, molding a piece of clay between his fingers. He was a tall 7-year-old with long blonde hair clipped at the back and lazy yellow-grey eyes.

Silently you closed the door behind you. "I need you to do something for me."

"Hah?" The boy's face twisted.

Akogares room was more like a workshop, different dolls lined the shelves, some of them stacked upon each other. Most of them were his original creations, made out of clay and decorated with scraps of metal and colorful glass to resemble jewelry. Their faces were painted on with a scary amount of precision, the clothes they wore although made out of mostly rugged and discarded materials still managed to look beautiful because of the way they were cropped and sowed.

Walking over to the male he peered down at you with an annoyed expression before he turned back towards his craft. "I ain't doing any favors, scram kid."

You lifted the doll, allowing him to take a closer look. Despite his initial hostility, the boy looked at the toy in your hands, and instantly his gaze turned analytical. He reached out, wanting to trace the break in the doll's face but before he could you took it away from him.

"You can touch it only if you agree to fix it." You deadpanned, slightly dangling the toy in your hands.

"Tch." Akogare sneered, looking away. "Whatever, I didn't want to touch it anyway."

Looking at him intensely you slightly leaned back, balancing at the heels of your feet. "You know, this doll belongs to a girl I met a couple of days ago. She's like super-rich." You underlined the last part with your tone and before you knew it Akogares head snapped towards you. You could practically see the dollar signs in his eyes. "I'm just saying if you want to be an artist respected in your field and well known...fixing the toy of someone that important may just benefit you..." You stated nonchalantly.

He looked to be pondering over it, still not quite sure. With a lazy move of your arm, you slightly dangled the porcelain toll in your hands like bait.

"Ugh- fine gimmie that-!" The golden-haired boy reached out and snatched the doll from your hands.

"When will you complete it?" You asked, looking over his shoulder.

"Don't pressure an artist, a miracle is happening right here." He hissed, taking out his tools and lining them across the table.

Rolling your eyes you let your gaze skeem over the rest of the room and you practically jumped seeing another person sitting in the far right corner. Their eyes firmly planted on you.

"K-Kohaku..." You said a little shaken as the male you haphazardly rescued from bullying the other day perked up at your words. It seems he was in a daze looking at you.

"A-Ah- sorry I'm doing it again- I'm staring." The boy hid his eyes in his hands.

"Nah it's alright." You calmed him, scarcely walking over with your hands in your pockets. "What are you doing here?"

He blinked confused. "This...is my room as well."

"Oh." Just now you noticed that there were, in fact, two beds in the room. Akogares presence seemed to overwhelm any sign of Kohaku, just now you noticed a few of his belongings.