Ch. 48: Killer Kunoichi and a Shaky Shikamaru

3rd POV

"Begin." Hayate proclaimed.

Temari looks down on her causing her to give her a questioning glance. Then, Tenten leaps away.

"All right Tenten, keep her guessing!" Lee yelled out.

Guy adds on, "Go for it! You got the power of youth!"

"Come on, Tenten. Send the girl back to her village on a stretcher. We're right behind you all the way, Tenten!" Lee raises both his arms in the air.

Guy also raises his left arm encouragingly. "Let's hear it! Two, four, six, eight, who do we appreciate? (Lee: Whoo!) Tenten!"

Y/n is laughing behind her hand from how they're acting like cheerleaders.

Naruto on the other hand is covering his ears, wincing from their loud voices. "How did I get stuck in the cheering section?"

Shikamaru yawns loudly tiredly.

Above them all, the Hokage is watching the two candidates. "Tenten is carefully determining her distance, just what I'd expect from her. She's well positioned to attack or defend." The Third Hokage observed.

"What are you waiting for? I did say to begin." The proctor looks back and forth between the two girls.

That is until the blonde pigtailed girl smirks. "Ha, guess she's waiting for me to make a move. Big mistake, cause that first move I make will be the last one you see." She steps forward, making the bunned girl step back. "Come on, I don't want this match to be over too quickly, so why don't you go first?" She points at herself with her thumb. "Come on girl, show me what you got."

"Okay, if you insist." Tenten's grin widens. "Remember, you asked for it." Then, she jumps up high in the air, throwing four shurikens towards her.

All of a sudden, a gust of wind stops them, and they all drop to the floor.

Tenten lands on the ground, her brown eyes wide as saucers. "I missed her?! There's just no way!"

Deciding to torment her, "What was that, a warm up exercise? Or maybe you're a little nervous and it's affected your aim. Is that it?" Tenten growls, feeling mad. "Rats, I was hoping I'd at least work up a sweat. But forget that idea if this is the best you've got." Tenten grits her teeth angrily.

Lee who is very confused about all this, "What is going on? How could she have missed? It is incredible."

"It's impossible. Tenten's aim is perfect. She always hits her mark." Guy stated.

This time, Neji counters with, "Not this time she didn't."

Guy squints his eyes. "She never misses. There must have been something that made her miss." Lee cries out in shock from hearing this.

"Yeah, like a puff of air." The h/c haired girl grumbled to herself.

"Ya know you can always count on Temari to put on a good show." Kankuro smiles.

Gaara crosses his arms, carelessly saying, "Not a big deal."

Shikamaru lays his head near his folded arms on the railing. "Man, this is embarrassing."

Naruto turns to Shikamaru incredulously. "Huh?"

"The Sand Village wins again, and I lost my bet to a girl." He elaborated.

Naruto asks him, "What are you talking about? The match just started, and you're not the only one who lost the bet."

The spiky haired boy lifts his head, looking at him. "It's over."