Ch. 52: A Failure Stands Tall!

3rd POV

Y/n's knuckles are turning white judging how hard she's holding on to the metal railings. With Hinata, she feels her heartbeat quickening until she unexpectedly spits out splatters of blood. Some of her blood pours out on Neji's hand that is touching her chest near her headband. Y/n gasps from seeing this, feeling melancholy for her dear friend.

Without any remorse, he asks her, "So that's it huh? That's all there is to the main branch's power?"

Sakura gasps as well while Naruto yells out, "Wait! What is going on?! I mean I saw Hinata hit Neji perfectly!"

Hinata stares angrily at Neji with streaks of blood on both corners of her mouth. 'I'm not done yet.' She hits his hand away from her and throws her palm with a shout.

Neji's Byakugan eyes widened a bit before grabbing her on the wrist and striking a two finger hit underneath her arm.

Lee grits his teeth from seeing this.

Kakashi has a bead of sweat on his cheek. 'What's with this kid?'

'It can't be.' Kurenai frightfully thought.

The Hokage tilts his head down slightly, causing his wrinkled eyes fully shadowed. 'So, now I see why he's called the most gifted one to emerge from the Hyuga Clan.'

Everyone is deadly silent, seeing the two down there not moving an inch. Hinata is breathing hard, her eyesight is getting blurry. Neji reaches up to her sleeve and pulls it back revealing tiny red spots all over her arm.

Hinata gasps from noticing her arm. "But, you mean a-all this time y-you—"

"That's right. I can see your chakra points the whole time." He cuts her off with malice.

"Huh? What is he talking about?" Naruto asked out loud.

Kakashi tells him, "On the chakra network, there are 316 energy centers, or chakra points. And each are only about the size of the head of a pin. Hitting one directly can affect chakra flow. Either halting it or increasing it, depending on how the attacker strikes the chakra points. Theoretically, doing so allows a ninja to gain complete control over an opponent's chakra flow. But these chakra points, they're undetectable even to my Sharingan eye." Sakura blinks and breathes in sharply. "And even beyond his ability to see the chakra points, he can target them accurately, even during intense battle."

Suddenly, Neji brings out his hand and slams it against Hinata's chest, making her fly back to the ground.

"No..." Y/n covers her gaping mouth and shakes her head.

She watches Neji approaching the raven haired kunoichi before coming to a stop. "Look Hinata, I'm completely out of your league and that won't change. This is what separates the elite from the failures." He stares her down coldly as she's breathing heavily on her knees. "You may not like it, but it's a fact. From the instant you said you wouldn't run anymore, your fate was sealed. You were destined for failure. And now, you're consumed with hopelessness." He takes another few steps. "Now this is your last warning, Hinata. Forfeit this match."

"I, I—" A drop of blood splashes on the ground through her cries in pain. "I never go back..." She said while strenuously standing back on her feet.

Naruto is full of concern for her. 'Hinata!'

"On my word." She repeated her crush's words and turned around with her bloody mouth. "Because that too is my nindo, my ninja way." She fully stands straight, boldly giving her cousin the same hard stare.

Then, she glances up at y/n and Naruto with a small smile, knowing that they heard every word she said.

Naruto has both hands on the railings, still focusing on the short haired kunoichi below him. "I had no idea that Hinata's as tough as she is."